• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Wife is the Student Council President (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 am Reply with quote
This show's nothing groundbreaking, it's actually not that good kinda stupid really but it's only 8 mins and it has (uncensored) boobies. Also the president is a rather fun heroine?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
This show's nothing groundbreaking

While I agree with this in Episode 6 we got something that I consider to be a bit unusual. At the end there you had the two main characters spoiler[getting intimate, starting with a tickling match and progressing rapidly into hot and heavy.] Of course then you have a spoiler[walk in that threw cold water on it,] but what you DIDN'T get was the typical crying and yowling denials and nosebleeds and pratfalls and all the other requisite attendants of similar anime scenes. It is abundantly clear that spoiler[without the walk-in the characters would have consummated] that moment.

Although the situation is absurd the interaction between the two characters given that situation seemed completely believable and easy to identify with. How many comedy or for that matter drama animes have you seen recently about which you could say the same?

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Yeah ok it's unusual for an anime I'll give it that. With those two making out in episode 6 as well, I wonder if we'll get a sex scene somewhere down the line.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Hmm, I don't know about you but this was the first episode that I felt unsatisfied with. Compared that it's an eight minute show, I can't really complain too much though the ending did leave much to be desired..

I'm glad we get to see Rin again since I prefer her over the Pres, even if Ui is adorable in her own way.

The new opening is nice, even if I kind of liked the sappy first one better.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Hmm, I don't know about you but this was the first episode that I felt unsatisfied with.

The premise for the humor we have seen too many times before -- trying to hide a situation that appears illicit and running into all sorts of trouble because of it. ha ha ha.

What remains interesting is the degree to which the main characters start becoming sexually assertive with each other. You don't normally see anything like that in mainstream anime where a girl deliberately sexually arouses a guy and he responds like that.

Other than that this makes a good anime mostly for watching while you are hold.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Much better episode this time around. Rin has been confirmed as the series best girl for me currently, though her sister, Kei isn't doing too badly in the rankings.

I must say that Izumi looked rather cute when dolled up, the cross dressing weirdly enough suits him...

Was it really necessary for the girls to remove their undergarments too? I mean there was only one way it was ever going to end with Rin in that position on top of Izumi. If the Pres had been present then I don't think he'd have ever lived it down.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Was it really necessary for the girls to remove their undergarments too?

Apparently the MO for this anime is that if they are going to do a rom-com sex joke they are going to take it as far as they can without becoming an actual H. Big sis clearly had molestation on her mind from the get-go and little sis is just a popcorn kernel ready to blow but still in denial. So yes it was necessary. How else were they going to get Izumi to have an spoiler[eyeball-to-a-hole] event?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
OH. MY. GAWD. *heavy breathing* Sexy sensei is just too sexy. *shivers* Damn that was intense.

"Is this a... peach?" Laughing
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
This is one of those "turn off your brain and just enjoy" series, so not much to talk about except boobies.

Plus it's 8 minutes, what are you expecting?
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Well... that was interestingly barren. It felt like the show didn't have enough content to last 8 minutes and was trying to waste time towards the end.

Anyway, the cross-dressing joke has run it's-course for me. Say the truth, make everyone feel incredibly awkward and move on...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

I think it would be safe to say we have moved well beyond PG territory by now. Can anyone think of a comparable ecchi anime that has intentional mutual petting like that?

Absolutely no plot to get in the way of the story.
appleorangehead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for my favorite part from manga, where Izumi suffered arm injury and President "helped" him with his bath, to be animated.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I think it would be safe to say we have moved well beyond PG territory by now. Can anyone think of a comparable ecchi anime that has intentional mutual petting like that?

Absolutely no plot to get in the way of the story.

What is also surprising is that it's available for legal streaming, uncensored. But The Testament of Sister New Devil did get pretty intense too, I think? I couldn't see anything past the massive amount of censoring so I couldn't really tell what was going on.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Izumi could really benefit from having a sense of humor, which he doesn't have. I would also have liked to see him push back a bit against the abuse, even if it is with a 41 year old shota.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2