• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Win a Free Figure from Tokyo Otaku Mode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterRamen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote
johnmp wrote:
I was on twitter and shiro name auto corrected to shire so I reenters on my facebook

ANN is going to send you hobbits!
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Nice, but I don't have any social media accounts.
MasterRamen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
The Knights of Sidonia figure's offer ended on July 10, does that mean that it's not a prize?
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
To everyone that's confused:

Quote:
If a figure sells out before the end of the contest, you will be asked to select a new figure as your prize (new figures will be added).

That's also why there's some difference between what's on ANN and what's on TOM - presumably those figures sold out.

Anyway, I requested Mugi. I don't care for her much as a character but it's a cool figure. Can't wait to see the rest in the line.

Although part of me wanted to request that Shiro figure even though I hated NGNL. Her hair is just so pretty!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
johnmp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
To everyone that's confused:

Quote:
If a figure sells out before the end of the contest, you will be asked to select a new figure as your prize (new figures will be added).

That's also why there's some difference between what's on ANN and what's on TOM - presumably those figures sold out.

Anyway, I requested Mugi. I don't care for her much as a character but it's a cool figure. Can't wait to see the rest in the line.

Although part of me wanted to request that Shiro figure even though I hated NGNL. Her hair is just so pretty!

Mugi from k on
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I was gonna ignore this contest until I saw that Tharsis. I don't care how low my chances are, or how lackluster season 2 was, that's an AWESOME mech
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote
I checked with TOM, and while they would love to reserve figures for the contest, their warehousing/fufillment system (which is completely remote from the staff running this contest) makes that impossible.

Pre-order figures however will probably not be a problem, so even if a pre-order is removed from the page, you should still get the figure your requested.
IrishLeprechaun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if the figure featured here https://otakumode.com/shop/55a48c5b34b5588a559db9cc/Ougi-Oshino-Figure-w-Free-Display-Case
is eligible for this competition.
amin_ginan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
I hope I have Mugi Rolling Eyes
MasterRamen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:26 am Reply with quote
IrishLeprechaun wrote:
Anyone know if the figure featured here https://otakumode.com/shop/55a48c5b34b5588a559db9cc/Ougi-Oshino-Figure-w-Free-Display-Case

Given what Mr.Tempest said, if the figure you want is a pre order one, it should be in the competition. I couldn't view the image so I can't see The details for you.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:01 am Reply with quote
This is becoming more confusing. Although the article says "More figures will be added over time", ever since this was posted, 2/3 of the figures have disappeared, and only 2 more have been added; now there are only 5 figures left and I'm not really interested in either of them ): I hope new figures are added before the contest ends, but that seems unlikely seeing how few of them have actually been added in contrast to the ones that have been removed.

I think it's great that ANN is doing contests that aren't just for US and Canada residents, it's a great opportunity for us in the remaining 90% of this big wide world, (and hopefully those who like the figures offered will be happy to receive them), but it feels like this wasn't really thought through, mostly on TOM's part, many of the details weren't very clearly explained. It seems a little bit pointless to offer around a dozen figures when their on-going campaign means not even half of them will be available by the time this contest ends.

Also, could someone please answer these questions?

Quote:
-If different figures are added to the contest page, or if the one I entered for is removed, can I re-share the article asking for a different one?
-Can we make different shares asking for different figures? Would sharing the article multiple times increase our chances of winning?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
IrishLeprechaun wrote:

"The qualifying figures for the contest (the ones you can win) are the same figures that qualify for the free display case."
So, yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
-If different figures are added to the contest page, or if the one I entered for is removed, can I re-share the article asking for a different one?
-Can we make different shares asking for different figures? Would sharing the article multiple times increase our chances of winning?

Sure.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
^Thanks for the reply, hopefully they'll add some figure I'm interested in
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
They added a bunch of figures right when the contest ended/just after it ended. Weird contest but I still 100% approve. I love figures and contests (although I have never won one in my entire life Anime hyper)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3