• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Prime Day

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
No, sadly not a day honoring the coolest Transformer of them all. Wink

Just a heads up that Amazon has a sales event on July 15th for it's Prime Members only. I'm not sure exactly what's going to be discounted but there may be some some anime in there (I'm hoping). If you have prime you should take advantage of it and if you don't, well now might be a good time to activate a free trial membership (you can always cancel it later).

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pin15_us_gw_d_airstream_pre-event_CheckoutThankYou?_encoding=UTF8&node=11448061011
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I just signed up for Prime a few days ago, but I didn't learn about Prime day until after I signed up.

I'm mostly looking for video games and books, since I'm caught up with releases thanks to Rightstuf's last few sales.
TheLegendtaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
I was gonna pick up space Dandy for $35 the other night, but I figured I should wait to see what Prime Day is gonna have before I start spending anymore money.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
Checked it out before heading to work and couldn't find much of anything on sale. Pretty lackluster altogether, though that's probably a good thing for my checking account.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
No, sadly not a day honoring the coolest Transformer of them all. Wink

Oh yes it is Wink

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
^ Laughing

Still I'm disappointed in this sale, I couldn't find anything I wanted discounted (Not all the things I was interested in were anime either). Oh well I'll look again after work and see if there's anything.

Was sorta tempted to get one of those little round cleaning robots though...
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
This was all just a cheap excuse to get new Prime subscribers locked into a contract and to move excess/old/obsolete merchandise ahead of the holiday season. The media machine hyped this nonsense beyond belief and people just ate it up. Good deals if you don't care about brand names, but for those of us who do, it's pretty unremarkable.
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I did not expect much. Most items on my wish list aren't sold directly by Amazon and those that are, are not on sale. Gundam model kits Unicorn & Banshee are not on sale, they don’t even have free shipping!

People don't just suddenly buy a 40" TV, or any large ticket electronic items because there's a sudden sale. Some deals on cameras are really good but unless you are specifically looking to get one, you don't just suddenly buy one out of impulse.

I found out that I have Prime Membership. I did not remember ever joining although I often buy from Amazon. Now, I had better make use of it by watching the free movies. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1