• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Don't You Forget About Me

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
At this point, it goes without saying that you shouldn't become a major historical figure unless you're OK with being turned into a fictional action hero after you die. Abraham Lincoln hunts vampires, King Arthur is actually a girl who periodically shows up in Japan to fight for the Holy Grail, and so on.

i wouldnt say that. while one of the founding presidents got the short end of the stick, arthur being saber for the fate stay night series have been type-moon's main cash cow ever since the ero visual novels was released and then the 2006 anime series. and its was kinda obvious that the took that twist from the metroid series and give it their take onto it.

though oda however is in the same boat as lincoln.

while the ambition of nobuna oda was ok and all,though it was typically a harem series at best,other series featuring the warlord whether its in a game or anime haven't been kind to him. the worst offender was having him in pokemon conquest. and i wasnt too keen on him as a demon for the ominusha series since the real oda was definitely no "demon/tryant" like warlord during the fedual era.

nobunagun luckily is 50/50 at best since it have the same style as panty and stocking without the raunchy innuendo . and it also applies the whole girls with guns genre which is a plus depending on who the viewer is. overall its definitely a rental at best,but definitely not perishable at the slightest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
dxthegreat wrote:
do fictional characters count as historical figures?
If you mean King Arthur, there's enough evidence to make an argument he existed(the history of the area after the Romans left but before the English arrived isn't the most complete).
FoxgloveLove

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
Yay, my shelves were featured Anime hyper And hopefully I can add One Week Friends to them soon, haha.

Damn, you beat my shelves hard core, I'm jealous. I've been thinking about sending mine in, but I don't know if I like my setup right now (I haven't found places for all of my recent purchases Razz ).
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Although they could be "real" in a fictional world. It can get a bit tricky, but in our own world fictional characters cannot be historical figures.
Are you talking about one of the historical figures in Nobunagun?

What about Jack the Ripper? As much as he's used in fiction as an historical figure (including Nobunagun), he basically remains a legend based on unsolved murders of the 19th Century.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Touma wrote:
Although they could be "real" in a fictional world. It can get a bit tricky, but in our own world fictional characters cannot be historical figures.
Are you talking about one of the historical figures in Nobunagun?

What about Jack the Ripper? As much as he's used in fiction as an historical figure (including Nobunagun), he basically remains a legend based on unsolved murders of the 19th Century.

which is why just like authur , he became a she for the fate grand order game. highly doubt there will be a ova or tv series of grand order though considering that type moon haven't green lit any anime adaptations of apocrypha and hollow ataraxia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2