• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Snow White with the Red Hair

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trescaballeros

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I'll be making a mishmash of my own thoughts and semi-replies to some posts in this thread, so bear with me.

Since this is a romance anime after all, it's not much as Shirayuki suddenly becoming dependent of a man after declaring so many times that she wants to be independent(the "choose my own path" thing, y'know) as much as her confronting the fact that the path that she would choose will inevitably have the man that she loves in it. I strongly believe that she's aware that she might contradict herself in her desire with independence to actually end up in a romantic relationship, and that's why she has always been the cautious and uneasy one. That's the way I see it anyway.

And I also remember a certain aniblogger warning against ragging on an anime, or any other work at that, for "lacking ambition", since it's only projecting your own personal desires and biases on a work; and I completely agree, since it seems that we are all forgetting that it's ultimately the AUTHOR who has the final say on how his/her work should go.

The fact that this show has been called a "palate cleanser" actually brings home the point why this is the only anime that I seriously became a fan of in these past 3 years(no interest in the grimdark smartass and/or cynical fare that has been dominating the scene and NO, it's not the moeblob fluff that has been dominating it as far as I can see). Agreed with the reviewer that this is how you do an open ended ending; though I find it strange that dat hickey (and Snow's adorable reaction) was not even mentioned. But all in all, this review is a great assessment to a great, high quality fluffy shojo. Won't be rolling heads for not having another season, since I'm quite satisfied with what we have here. Will be missing this show, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 18 of 18