• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Entertainment Sword Art Online release?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manicli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking of importing the SAO season 1 blu rays from the UK and realized manga entertainment divided into 4 parts! I know they said it was part of the contract with aniplex but for those of you familiar with the UK industry, what are the chance of a second blu ray release divided into two parts instead of 4? 80 euros (160 CAD) for a series a bit much. I started importing to avoid those kind of prices Very Happy

Last edited by manicli on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
SAO II has been licensed by Anime Limited and they'll be releasing the first set soon (August for now) and since the first set contains episodes one through seven...

I will say that Anime Limited does have some really nice releases so if you're into extras, you'll probably like their sets.

http://shop.alltheanime.com/collections/sword-art-online-ii/products/sword-art-online-ii-part-1-of-4-collectors-edition-blu-ray-dvd-combi
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
There's been no news of any collected release so far. Here's what Jerome said about it at the time:
Quote:
Aniplex didn't even want to release it in the UK because of pricing concerns. That are so worried about parallel imports of cheap foreign versions back into Japan. That's why subs are locked, no bonus CD and no special packaging. In addition, we've had to price it higher than I'd like to fall in line with US/Japan/Europe pricing. We'd love you to support our release. It's still a heck of a lot cheaper than the US release. >JM

Their cover design for volume 2 was also not only rejected, but they had to go back and change the cover for vol. 1 which had already been approved and released!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
manicli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the responses. I was hoping for a box set but after reading that I don't think it'll happen. On the bright side it's only half the price of the US release Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1