• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans Visuals, Staff, October 4 Premiere Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
Kind of crazy to have the main Toradora/Anohana staff work on a Gundam series. Shocked
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Gundam design is gonna grow on me. Everything looks alright. Im hoping this is good. I must believe.
HitmanNick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
Looks nice. Plot looks promising.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:25 am Reply with quote
I'm happy this one sounds gundam-y, but you can't really tell anything from a synopsis. Could be trash or it could be great. Hopefully they don't reveal something as stupid as aliens being the cause of everything...

darkchibi07 wrote:
Kind of crazy to have the main Toradora/Anohana staff work on a Gundam series. Shocked

They got some fresh blood after the old blood made a mess out of their last one.
Calculus20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:25 am Reply with quote
Literally everything is great.... EXCEPT Nagai/Okada. They're great for SoL-Drama but Mecha? And Gundam? This is not looking good. I will watch it still, but my expectations have lowered tremendously.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
I am not liking that Gundam's waist, but the face and v-fin look nice and menacing. Character designs seem kind of goofy, like there's the dude from Accel World?

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote
The concept sounds good, I dig the design of the general mobile suits as it looks like it was inspired in the Metal Gear line of thinking.

Regardless, I hope it lights the passion for Gundam in a new generation because the franchise certainly needs it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Ehhh. I'm not really getting any palpable reaction to this. It looks like they just made a Gundam series for the sake of doing it (AGAIN), not because they actually had an idea they really wanted to do for one. And those mecha designs look like Gundam 00 leftovers.

But that's fine. I'll give it a shot, and if it doesn't measure up after a few episodes, I'll just drop it. I have The Origin to fall back on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
So I thought something was missing and it was:

Quote:
When a group named Gjallarhorn attacks CGS and Cordelia, Orga sees this as a chance to rebel against CGS and launch a coup.

Missed the parts about Mikazuki's group being left as bait when CGS is attacked and Orga leading a group of kids to rebel against the adults who oppress them.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I am not liking that Gundam's waste, but the face and v-fin look nice and menacing. Character designs seem kind of goofy, like there's the dude from Accel World?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that part of the design either. Other than that, solid and refreshingly different.
iCards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
The post says the Gundam takes parts and weapons from enemies making them its own, bit of a Mega Man reference there. I would say the Gundam needs it because it looks pretty bare bones as is, all of those frame parts exposed.

Mari and Okada considering I love AnoHana and Toradora it sounds odd going into the mecha genre, but fresh blood never hurts. I do expect FEELs though considering what those two series involved.

Hopefully this Earth vs Mars show pans out better than the last one, AGE, since it doesn't sound like they are trying to fit three series into one. Prepared for it so, it probably won't be hard to top G-Reco, IMO, that was the only Gundam series I ever dropped.
Desunaito

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
nice, something new instead of grinding the old UC stories
felt abit like 00, new designs are welcomed.
mars background tho... aldonoah was good for 2 minutes.. hope sunrise has a better story
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, never would have guessed that writer/director combination and Okada has a very spotty history with mecha shows (the fun, but extremely silly Aquarion Evol and the angsty, mediocre M3), but I highly doubt it could be worse than G-Reco, so that's that. We'll see where it goes and maybe they'll surprise us.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:03 am Reply with quote
Looks like a possible mess for me.The PV does look promising though especially in the soundtrack department. And given the time slot, most likely 2 cour.

Last edited by Stark700 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CaRoss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
So it's a retelling of Aldnoah.Zero with a supposedly stronger writing team behind it(Toradora and Anohana were awesome series)? I'm on board for that! Also, just the fact that it's another new Gundam series excites me. Gundam Seed, .hack//Sign and Fullmetal Alchemist are the reasons that I'm an anime fan, so I always love seeing new ones announced. Hopefully it's a stronger series than the previous one. I want another darker Gundam story.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
Mecha design certainly looks better than G-Wrecko. Though it will probably be better in general than G-Reco. Probably will be better than AGE as well, as it doesn't seem aimed at kids like the aforementioned AGE. Admittedly, though, I did watch both.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3