• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MVM Q4 Titles Listed Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
We're in mid 2015 a year where youtube now has 8K videos albeit they're test videos but they work and they're still putting out DVDs????
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
I don't know about you but I'd rather own my anime. As long as there is a demand for them and they sell. The releases will continue.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
I don't know about you but I'd rather own my anime. As long as there is a demand for them and they sell. The releases will continue.

What I'm saying is why are they putting out DVDs in a time when we're more used to Blu-ray+ quality.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:47 am Reply with quote
...and I said because there is still a demand for them. As long as they sell they will keep releasing them. Besides is stuff like Samurai Harem even on blu-ray?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Besides is stuff like Samurai Harem even on blu-ray?

Both that and Zurückspulen are DVD-only in the US also.
Asu no Yoichi (Samurai Harem) is also DVD-only in Japan. I think Zurückspulen does have a BD release in Japan, but I'm getting confused as to which version is which since they don't seem to have the "Zurückspulen" bit attached to the 2013 Rozen Maiden series anywhere obvious in Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1