• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Gangsta.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaorken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:56 am Reply with quote
Ok so I loved Gangsta (at first) but man! This was like a "well we can't end it so let's just cut if off!" type ending. I remember sitting there screaming at my iPad going "WHERE THE FRIGGEN CRAP ARE THE NEXT EPISODES?!?!?" But sadly I don't believe we'll ever get a second season (though I could be wrong but it's highly doubtful). But one thing I noticed (and maybe it's just me) but.... did Nico and Alex have some sorta thing between them? In the last episode it looked like he saved her before and he has helped her to calm down during Episode 8 and even watched over her. Maybe I'm looking too into things but I kinda ship them (can't place my finger on it). One last thing: Alex man. I sat there like Shocked Anime cry Anime cry when I saw what Berri was first doing to her. Her VA really brought out emotions and such and I really felt for her character the most. Overall however, Gangsta had potential but man did it wreck itself during the final episodes. Maybe I'll read the manga (because I still want to know more of the story).....
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Disappointment over disappointment.

I think a lot of people noticed the horrible quality of the episode where Alex is singing at the Bastard. That was my low point for the show. There were things here and there that dropped my love of the show down.

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I don't think the story needs superhumans jumping around. I think people shooting and stabbing each other is enough. I knew nothing about Gangsta before the show, so I didn't know about Twilights. I just wanted gangsters and criminals.

The sad thing about all of this is that episode 12 was on the right track, back to Nicholas, Worrick, and Alex. I guess we'll have to wait until someone wants to adapt this again, in 5, 10, or more years?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9