• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Wagnaria!!3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
I don't think i could've asked for a more satisfying conclusion for the series. Season 3 was the best, and i can't wait for its DVD release.

The mark of a great ending is that slightly empty feeling inside, like you've lost your immediate goal and now don't know what to do. I felt that after episode 14; what a great ride the series was Smile
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Probably one off the better series endings I've ever seen. It ended when and where it needed. Now, if we could get a second season and a similar send off for Service x Servant, all will be well.
Dfens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Personally this last and final season just seemed off I would watch a episode when ever while the previous seasons I couldn't wait for the next and watch it day of release.

Also the ending just felt off for me with the whole Inami x Takanashi pairing I would have much left it to be implied or ignored all together. I hate it when they just have to have people hook up and become couples just for the sake of.

Ok I can accept Souma x and Yachiyo their wasn't anyone else trying to date either one of them so it was a given.

It seemed so out of character for Souta to not choose or pursue Tanashima instead she seemed like his ideal girlfriend. With all the affection and attention he showed her through out the series, she was the reason he starting his part time job and stuck with it while the work place was crazy. Not including all her other positive qualities she has but was small/short and was not a child so she wouldn't be one of the tall women to abuse/traumatize him like his family does. Yeah you could say he was starting to grow and get over his trauma of older/taller women but I never really liked Inami that much other than the gag comedy aspects of her punching men.

In the past most shows left it open to on the whole relationship pairings so not to upset the fans and for them to make up their own conclusions.

Part of it is being a big Popura fan and just smiling at her being so small and cute could make a hard day so much brighter I can't see myself buying the 3rd and final season of Working. I may even sell my Limited Edition Copies of seasons 1 and 2 as well since I can't see myself watching this show ever again.

I will keep my Popura Alter Figure at least I can admire it and remember the good times.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

It seemed so out of character for Souta to not choose or pursue Tanashima instead she seemed like his ideal girlfriend. With all the affection and attention he showed her through out the series, she was the reason he starting his part time job and stuck with it while the work place was crazy.

I can't help but feel like you missed the point here. One of the main cruxes of Takeshima and Inami's growing relationship is that Inami ISN'T Takeshima's "type". With regards to Tanashima, the only affection Takeshima showed her was what someone would show to a stuffed animal or puppy, not another human being (and certainly not a love interest), and that was one of the main running jokes.

Dfens wrote:

In the past most shows left it open to on the whole relationship pairings so not to upset the fans and for them to make up their own conclusions.

That would actually be my primary complaint about most shows like this, in that they almost never give closure to developed relationships. Actually, I Am..., for example, is soured for me because it had that sort of ending. I am ecstatic that Wagnaria!!! actually closed up all of its plot threads in a satisfying way, and I wish more anime would follow its example.
stevek504

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy every season of this show, but I would have liked to have seen a kiss at the end...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
yea it would have been nice for a kiss between them, although overall I'm pretty happy with the episode, it got a few actual laughs out of me which is pretty rare from most series for the last season or so. This series is really good at making characters cute and lovable without falling back on blatant sterotypes

I need to check out the original material and see how it differs from the anime but this series has definitely had a great run
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4