• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ABC Family's Lucas Grabeel Records New Song for English adaptation of Doraemon

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
I tried email this to ANN's newsroom as a news tip, but they apparently didn't like my email address. Anyway, most of you may remember when that horrid High School Musical was popular on Disney Channel. It was shoved down our throats, and I especially thought it was pointless. However, interestingly enough, one of the movie's stars - Lucas Grabeel (who can be now seen as Toby on ABC Family's Switched at Birth) - has recorded a song this weekend for the Doraemon dub. I never thought I'd see the day that a well-known celeb would do something like this. I hoped something big would happen to the Doraemon franchise here in the States, but I was not expecting someone like an ABC Family star to have a guest role in the show.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2015/07/18/lucas-grabeel-sings-new-song-for-disney-xds-doreamon-get-the-scoop-here/
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Oh, the "Big G sings on TV" episode--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdYomnmkdX4

Read the headline and thought Season 2 was recording a new theme song to replace the "Hi there, my name is DoRAEmon!" opening.
But, looks like they'll stick with that to keep the reruns unified.

(Wonder whether they'll get to the "Doraemon's fan-gadget makes Sneech a singing star" episode.)
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:55 pm Reply with quote
If that happened then they may need a different singer. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I assume Sneech/Suneo would have some sort of crooning voice (maybe Seth MacFarlane or Michael Bublé can be Sneech's singing voice if that is true).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1