• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, July 13-19

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ejc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Wait, Oricon doesn't count Amazon? Then how could it possibly be accurate?

I meant sales to outside of Japan not being counted on Oricon, AFAIK domestic sales via amazon.co.jp and Neowing/CD-Japan get counted on Oricon charts, e.g. see:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/guide/help/product/oricon

Oricon not counting overseas data is not quite correct. They do count it, but they segregate the overseas sales data from the domestic sales data when they release the Tuesday data on Oricon Youtaiju and the Thursday data on Oricon Biz.

The reason why the overseas data is not included is that they don't want the accuracy of the domestic sales data to be affected by overseas sales data, since the percentage of domestic sales amongst the total sales has slowly decreased over time due to overseas buyers becoming more prevalent. The majority of Oricon Youtaiju and Oricon Biz subscribers are really only interested in domestic sales.

Source: http://www.someanithing.com/1552
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I thought Euphonium would've gotten in the 9K range, perhaps breaking into the teen range. 6K+ isn't bad, but I thought it would have pulled bigger numbers than what it's gotten.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2