• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Unused Script Cards Reveal More About Ico Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
ICO and Shadow of Colossus are two of my favorite games on the PS2

the remaster collection for the PS3 was great!

platinumed Ico.. didn't get around to SOC yet..

but looking forward to the last guardian

Team Ico games are unique.. few of them are out there
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote
There's a novel by Miyuki Miyabe (Brave Story) which covers a lot of back story, how much of which is canon to the game is unclear (Ico's upbringing, the reason he was able to escape and fight the Queen, Yorda's father etc.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
GlitterBerri´s translations are interesting and i will revisit his site but i can´t say that i learned anything new regarding Ico. I also read the Ico novel but it is an interpretation and not an adaptation. The author introduction is frank about that too as 2/3 of the story are original ideas and the characterization also different from the game. That doesn´t invalidate the books´s existence and it is a nice fairy tail on it´s own but is has zip to do with Ueda´s canon or the game´s world views.

Has the web figured out if The Last Guardian is a sequel or another prequel to Ico?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I love findings like this. It make you think about what the story would be like if this part of the story was interjected. But usually material like this is usually the stuff of novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1