• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Fullmetal Alchemist and Concrete Revolutio screenwriter Shou Aikawa

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jppcouto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
Guys, FMA 2003 and 2009 are both fantastic anime (I can even say that they are masterpieces to me).
However, everyone should admit the only obvious advantage of 2003 over 2009 is the direction. The concept, plot, symbology in 2009 is so magnificient that I still didn't find a show superior in those 3 aspects. That's probably because of those 3 itens that this show is Nº1 in almost all websites. People really need to know what FMA manga is really about.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:

Did he by any chance take part in Genocyber?

He worked on the script for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
People who love to mention Angel Cop as evidence that Aikawa is or used to be some sort of anti-semitic nutjob should know that he only co-wrote the first episode with director Ichiro Itano, who then wrote the remaining episodes by himself. And that doesn't surprise me at all, because while he's a brilliant animator, I find Itano an atrocious, mean-spirited storyteller.

Videogamep wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:
Did he by any chance take part in Genocyber?
He worked on the script for it.

He was credited as a co-writer on the first three episodes (the first one with Emu Arii, the next two with director Koichi Ohata), but while the English credits in CPM's DVD release say he also co-wrote the last two, his name is nowhere to be found in the Japanese credits, which leads me to believe that Ohata wrote them straight to storyboard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3