• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Light Novels' 11th Volume is Series 'Epilogue'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote
So no season 3? Sad
Marcos---

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
So no season 3? Sad

With that Season 2 ending i really hope they make a season 3, they cant let it end that way Crying or Very sad
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
Oh cmon they have to make a s3 to conclude it...with this now they have enough content to conclude it.....Please PLEASE PLEASE>>>THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
with a bit of stretching they can do a season 3. Also screw Sena. And I hope someone gets back to translating the lns......
marvel knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
Does being an epilogue means that it's ending for good? Or is it a hint that it will be continued later in some form?
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
marvel knight wrote:
Does being an epilogue means that it's ending for good? Or is it a hint that it will be continued later in some form?

an epilogue is just a follow up after an ending techinically, it'll finally come to a close.
Yadilie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
SpeckTech wrote:
with a bit of stretching they can do a season 3. Also screw Sena. And I hope someone gets back to translating the lns......

Sena is awesome. Yozora is such a painfully annoying character in almost all of her scenes.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
So no season 3? Sad

Considering with which girl Kodaka went with, I'd say "Probably not", especially seeing how the interest in the series died so fast once it was done; I'm not saying she had anything to do with it... no, of course I am because I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I think it needs more than an epilogue, maybe more a redo?

Volume 11 sounds more like a "No, no, this is why she won" kind of thing. On the other hand, it could also be a "Well if you didn't like that, then what about this?" new ending like Kashimashi did with its OVA.

If so, then they should do one for each girl and level the whole playing field. Come on, who wouldn't want to see a Sister Kate ending?

Oh, which girl was it? From what I've heard, it was spoiler[Yukimura]. Just why her? spoiler[Because she waits on him hand and foot?] No matter what sort of character development may occur, this part alone turns me off the whole ending.... if it's true.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Oh, which girl was it? From what I've heard, it was spoiler[Yukimura]. Just why her? spoiler[Because she waits on him hand and foot?] No matter what sort of character development may occur, this part alone turns me off the whole ending.... if it's true.

From what I've read, it tries to go the route of "My Teenage Romantic Comedy SNAFU" a bit at the end with social issues. As spoiler[Rika is viewing them as an social experiment. Kodaka chooses neither Yozora or Sena and quits the club. As he sees himself as the reason neither girl can get along with each other and both seeing him as a prize. Thus taking him out of the equation would solve the issue about the two getting along(doesn't mention if they do). It also dives into Yozora's family issues with her half sister Hinata(the student council president) and father.]
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
I am sure a lot of people would love to have an official translation of the light novel. I am curious as to why the dub voices of Yozora and Kodaka ship Kodaka with.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Marcos--- wrote:
MischievousMelody wrote:
So no season 3? Sad

With that Season 2 ending i really hope they make a season 3, they can't let it end that way Crying or Very sad
This. Or at least some OVA's to finish it off. Up to which novel did the anime cover?
KingKhai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Marcos--- wrote:
MischievousMelody wrote:
So no season 3? Sad

With that Season 2 ending i really hope they make a season 3, they can't let it end that way Crying or Very sad
This. Or at least some OVA's to finish it off. Up to which novel did the anime cover?

Exactly. It doesn't have to be a full third season. A couple of high quality OVAs would suffice. Wouldn't be the first series to end with OVAs.
I REALLY love Haganai so I would REALLY like a conclusion for its anime version.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Haganai is my favorite anime, truly hope they make a 3rd season!
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Marcos--- wrote:
MischievousMelody wrote:
So no season 3? Sad

It covered up to the end of volume 8, and I think the first two or three chapters of volume 9. There may be one or two individual chapters not yet adapted from earlier but in general the two anime series adapted about four novels a piece.

What hasn't been adapted (as far as I know)? Most of volume 9, all of volume 10, the epilogue that is volume 11, and the three side-novels (Universe 1, Universe 2, and Connect).
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I think they could make a 3rd season work. Maybe make it 10 eps instead of 13 or throw in a beach episode or something ;p

Hopefully we do get it, I'd love to see the series get a proper ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2