• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: .hack//Roots DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
@Ovan~the~Rebirth

Yeah, I didn't want to tell SilverTalon01that I wasn't being serious. I don't actually care for Sword Art Online, but SilverTalon01liked my comment, so I just kept silent Wink
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:
@SilverTalon01: I think you missed the "sigh" of Raebo101's comment.

No, I saw it and was completely aware his comment was sarcastic. If he was actually serious, I wouldn't have replied.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
For those worried that .hack is over with, just some tips to quell the fears:

Guilty Dragon, a smart phone mobile game, is CC2's current iteration of .hack, and though it's just a mobile game, there IS a story you play through. I play it right now and really, the story drags and isn't too interesting. There's really nothing alarming in it for .hack, either. They're obviously just trying to keep .hack afloat, and it's pretty much working, considering Guilty Dragon is doing pretty good for a low-profile mobile game.

As for the future... there are no public plans, but there WAS a recent-ish announcement earlier this year about several new original CC2 games that they're going to be working with, all for console release. I don't think any of the three games have been announced yet, but the teaser for them had several words on them, with small font referring to one game, medium font referring to another game, and large font referring to the last game. Though they are all pretty vague, the large font bares resemblance to concepts and themes you might expect out of an in-story MMO game set in the future, expanding upon current technologies, but seemingly being futuristic. Fans of .hack are unsurprisingly grabbing onto this teaser with their hopes up, including me, but with no announcement or further hints in sight, it's just a matter of waiting and bracing for either anticipation or disappointment. Another console-based .hack game might be just what they need to get the franchise back on its feet after .hack//LINK's horrible mess (it was intended to be a much bigger game, released as one game, but on two or three discs, but they cut it down to one disc after a company restructuring and a loss of hope in the game's ability to sell well enough to recuperate costs--which forced them to cut corners and release it early, making for a pretty bland game, even if the story was interesting).
loka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
It was much better than Log Horizon.
noigeL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Quote:
...the dub has the quality of a radio show or audiobook – you can almost just listen to it and not watch the show without missing much.

For some reason, I see this as a positive Laughing

Isn't it? Comparing the quality to a radioplay or audiobook doesn't sound like a bad thing. The lower dub grade is confusing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2