• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Launches on iOS in N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote
I really may be sounding like a old fart here but I for one don't like that God mode max stats cheat others may enjoy it and I'm perfectly cool with that but me myself I can't do it for the simple fact that I grinded my way through monster after monster and felt very satisfied earning my materia and maxing them out. My stats I feel the same way for as well because to me it feels like a badge of honor saying I did this with no hacks and and just went at it full speed. I reiterate this may be good for some new players but for me It's something I just can't do my conscience won't allow me.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:08 am Reply with quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Max stats? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No enemies?

Then why the hell play it? Just watch a Let's play on Youtube or read the story online.

Wow... how freaking lame to "play" a game like that. Might as well have a big red button that says "A winner is you!"
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Max stats? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No enemies?

Then why the hell play it? Just watch a Let's play on Youtube or read the story online.

Wow... how freaking lame to "play" a game like that. Might as well have a big red button that says "A winner is you!"

Then it's not a game at all - it's a visual novel!
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
I really may be sounding like a old fart here but I for one don't like that God mode max stats cheat others may enjoy it and I'm perfectly cool with that but me myself I can't do it for the simple fact that I grinded my way through monster after monster and felt very satisfied earning my materia and maxing them out. My stats I feel the same way for as well because to me it feels like a badge of honor saying I did this with no hacks and and just went at it full speed. I reiterate this may be good for some new players but for me It's something I just can't do my conscience won't allow me.

I'm with you, my fellow old-fart friend! Laughing

In all seriousness, I've been replaying it on Steam recently and I've not touched any of the "cheats" supplied. Maxed out most materia already and working on max stating my first 3 characters. Its such a personal accomplishment that I'm happy to be doing this.

I'm also running through FF8 on steam as well, doing the same thing.
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
I just don't get why this is $16 on a phone when you can get it elsewhere (PSN) for $10, even less if there's a sale. Maybe that extra $6 goes to making crappy touch controls and stupid god mode?

At least we know Squeenix loves money.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Well the no encounters option could be useful for a low level run. Without enemy interruptions, you would only fight the few battles that are scripted as well as the bosses, keeping Cloud and company at as low a level as possible. That could make for a challenging playthrough, even though people have been doing that for years since the PlayStation original's release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1