Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Game's English Opening Video Streamed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cosain



Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Posts: 317
Location: Sydney
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:46 pm Reply with quote
im so pissed than EU (and Australasia) only gets digital releases for Vita games, like hellooo for one PS games are region free and two if everything ends up being digital for EU/Australasia then we're spending more money on friggn memory cards than buying just physical copies in the long run and it's not like 32gb vita memory cards are out there in the open anymore, the most they sell in retail is just 16GB memory cards.

i know you can import games, yes i know, but if the game comes with DLC i'd rather it be from the same psstore acc than having multiple acc with diff memory cards. too much effort for jst gaming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hideki-Motosuwa



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quote
I'm more pissed at the mere fact that SEGA has some awful timing with wanting to release this in the US. 2 months after Ignition arcade release!? Most of the people who play this competitively wont give 2 ***** about this version as they'll be paying more attention to Ignition.

Then again, Sega is hoping that they can grab all of the SAO kiddie crowd with the prospect of being able to play as Kirito only to find that he's low tier as hell in the game. Online is going to be a slaughter with everyone who've been playing over a year since the JP console release going after the new people.....fun times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2493
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:32 am Reply with quote
Ignition has no console release announced. Anyone playing that competitively likely lives in Japan, and thus saw the PS3/Vita port last fall ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverTalon01



Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 2065
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:
Then again, Sega is hoping that they can grab all of the SAO kiddie crowd with the prospect of being able to play as Kirito only to find that he's low tier as hell in the game.


Out of curiosity, who is high tier?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rufifox



Joined: 08 Aug 2014
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:
I'm more pissed at the mere fact that SEGA has some awful timing with wanting to release this in the US. 2 months after Ignition arcade release!? Most of the people who play this competitively wont give 2 ***** about this version as they'll be paying more attention to Ignition.

Then again, Sega is hoping that they can grab all of the SAO kiddie crowd with the prospect of being able to play as Kirito only to find that he's low tier as hell in the game. Online is going to be a slaughter with everyone who've been playing over a year since the JP console release going after the new people.....fun times.


If you don't mind me asking, what are the tier lists for the game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hideki-Motosuwa



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
The tiers are as followed:

S Tier: Shana, Kirino, Rentarou
A Tier: Asuna, Akira, Kuroyukihime, Kirito, Tomoka
B Tier: Mikoto, Yukina, Selveria, Taiga
C Tier: Miyuki, Shizou

:: Top Tier Assists ::
Dokoro-chan & Accelerator

Primus wrote:
Ignition has no console release announced. Anyone playing that competitively likely lives in Japan, and thus saw the PS3/Vita port last fall ...


I'm well aware of that Iginition is arcade only but that doesn't stop those who play it competitively outside of Japan not looking back at vanilla DBFC. This is basically how it is with most fighting games that get an update.....everyone focuses on the newer version so that they can learn all of the new mechanics and changes since some stuff wont work in the old version (Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Melty Blood, UNIEL, Street Fighter are all victims of this mentality with those in the FGC).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverTalon01



Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 2065
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
How exactly is A tier "low tier as hell?" Sounds like he just isn't top tier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hideki-Motosuwa



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
How exactly is A tier "low tier as hell?" Sounds like he just isn't top tier.


The tier list changed from the last time I went through it and Kirito climbed up recently. He was last seen as the highest B tier character while Tomoka was the lowest B tier character. Regardless, his standings weren't that overall good but enough to bump him out of B tier but players put some work in with Tomoka and showed that she wasn't a B tier character during some of the tournaments over the past year.

Same goes for Taiga who was previously the mid C tier character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group