• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Male Teen Arrested for Threatening Love Live! Fans on Twitter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wohdin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 am Reply with quote
No Waifu No Laifu.

But nah seriously, this kid's retarded.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
People who scatter leaflets in the theater and step on them need to die? What?

I came here to say just that, its such a bizarrely specific analogy I don't even know what it means.

I assumed it was some kind of recent rude trend in Japan or something. It's definitely pretty weird.
48 Rices

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Shirohae wrote:
I ain't even mad at him, like seriously, what is so good about Love Live? The fact that they're a bunch of little girls people getting turned on by that?? ugh. Even worshipping them is going too FAR!

You can really say that about any franchise that has a fanbase.

And there's the guy who shoots the theater when the dark knight rises premiered...
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly in the dark about whats so great about this anime but holy fudge who took the nut bar off his medication? that's about as stupid as the boston incident with the pokemon championship
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:02 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
I ain't even mad at him, like seriously, what is so good about Love Live? The fact that they're a bunch of little girls people getting turned on by that?? ugh. Even worshipping them is going too FAR!

after all these commotions.. guess i'll give it a try see if what's the fuss is about..

anyway.. it's nice isn't it? posted a threat on twitter with a knife (his face is not even in it) and they already arrested the guy

while here.. they can post video of themselves making threats for months and no one reported it.. until he carried out his plan Sad

i guess they like to do clean up work rather then prevention around here..
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
Talk about a severe case of hating. Why can't people just respect a person's creation? Whether they like or dislike it? As a creator I know myself how damn hard it is to take care of the tiniest detail, and to get this after you worked so hard..... Talk about depressing. People can't seem to accept others opinions very well. It's disappointing. Leave people like what they want to like. It's none of anyone else's business
Nozomi Tojo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
I would be more then happy to die for Nozomi Tojo Razz

But on a serious note glad they got him before anyone got hurt Very Happy
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 am Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Talk about a severe case of hating. Why can't people just respect a person's creation? Whether they like or dislike it? As a creator I know myself how damn hard it is to take care of the tiniest detail, and to get this after you worked so hard..... Talk about depressing. People can't seem to accept others opinions very well. It's disappointing. Leave people like what they want to like. It's none of anyone else's business

They aren't hating on the creation itself, but the fandom of that creation. While it's no excuse to threaten them like this the LL fandom in Japan is pretty excessive. There's articles else where on the net of them "worshipping" the characters at mats outside of an arcade in Akiba that was set up so they could "pray" to them. More recently when a decent sized group of fans wearing the Japanese biker style coats and clogging up from what I understand as the main entrance to the Saitama Super Arena where the Animelo Summer Live series was being held. I've run across them numerous of times when I go to Akiba, they're mostly harmless people.

Last edited by Amiantos on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Silver4000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 am Reply with quote
He should've used a Death Note instead.
If everyone acted like him then I guess that MAL would be a blood bath.

Anyway, on a serious note, it's Japan, the fanboys/haters there are just crazy on a new level.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
I'm glad that this guy was stopped and no one was harmed but this highlights a very serious problem that seems to happen a lot within this fandom.

I preface this by saying I'm a huge anime/Love Live fan but I've never bothered to join any community but I've seen a lot of posts on many sites/threads/forums etc... and for as much good as this fandom has there is a lot of bad. (Please do not read this as me pointing out anyone specifically here I'm just sharing my opinions as an outside fan who's read my share of comments, news etc.. over the years)

Whether it's Over zealous fans attacking others who don't share their view, the "Anime X is crap you should feel bad" crowd, the "lol at watching dubs" comments, the back and forth fighting and constantly going on about what you hate instead of talking about what you love and the many various other things that you see.

I just don't understand why the amount of constant hate, zealousness, and attacks of others likes/dislikes still exists to the degree it does today whether its from Japanese fans or western fans.

Passion and love for a series or preference is fine to have and people are allowed to have discourse but it just seems like too much of the time people take things to the extreme which is really unfortunate.

Sorry for my ranting haha
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ogikubo Police arrested a 15-year old male first-year high school student from Toyama City on Wednesday on the suspicion of forcible obstruction of business.

What I find amusing is how with this it can be assumed that it was the Love Live! marketing department that went to the police to launch a formal investigation.

Some teenagers just have to through a phase where they feel like pulling kitchen knives at "the world" or at other people like their parents (which they know won't turn them in). It's good that this teenager got arrested. Such angst should be against the law.

Shirohae wrote:

You seem to identify with the teenager. Laughing
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:41 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
Well, I'm glad the guy was arrested. Even though I'm very uncomfortable with Love Live and its fans, threats like this being handled efficiently is something that is quite important. ...I really hope this franchise dies down sooner or later.

Relatedly, let's not make out Love Live's fandom to be pure and innocent themselves just because a dangerous person threatened them. Bad people being against other bad people doesn't make them good.

What makes Love Live! so bad? Genuinely curious as to why you would call all its fans bad people.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:45 am Reply with quote
What's with all the idiots using Twitter to make threats lately?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 am Reply with quote
I can understand how irritated the guy must have felt seeing some fans of Love Live taking their love for the show to the extreme, but threatening them with a bloody death is wrong and only brings more problems that are even more grisly. Thank goodness the police got to him before he could make good on his threat.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:22 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Good, threats need to be taken seriously.

prevention is better than cure
we dont know what will happen if we just let this go away
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5