• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Concrete Revolutio (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I am reading it wrong, but it kind of feels like the topic of giant robots using dangerous black liquid and Jiro with the giants and kaiju, that it was a bit on the topic of fuel. The kaiju and like are nuclear power, this has been set up since last season, while giant robots might more along the lines of oil based fuels. Probably reading too much into it might be the idea that certain wealthy entities in the oil business have purposely manipulated the public in turning down alternative fuel sources, keeping the status quo of more mundane or supposedly safer source (oil), and not any real evolution.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

A lot of conspirationist theories this episode...especially that movie on screen.

I find it kinda interesting for Jiro to realize why he joined the Superhuman Bureau in the first place. Plus, I think the episode did a fine job with portraying the Rainbow Knight. Jiro's like "I knew it all along" lol, quite a way to end the episode imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
This show just keeps getting better. I can't wait to see how the final 4 episodes play out with all those huge plot revelations. It will be interesting to see how Jiro moves forward now that he knows what they have been hiding from him.

Last edited by v1cious on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
A lot of conspirationist theories this episode...especially that movie on screen.

Although ironically a lot of it was the truth, even if motivations were not. The doctor was creating weapons by using Jirou, and they manipulated the press against Rainbow Knight, Jirou ultimately killing him. Not the Imperial Ads and the like are innocent. It all just creates further pain that perpetually creates further damage. So called justice really does not solve anything after the victims.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

Whoa, so they did disband the Superhuman Bureau after all.

That Master Ultima guy really is a tricky guy to deal with. I find the plan to host an Expo about superhumans to be a clever move. Jirou has also gone into hiding until resurfacing again this episode while meeting an old friend. The plan for superhumans, beasts, etc to build their own nation feels like something that is almost impossible to accomplish. However, I like how they express the goal to fight for freedom.

Jirou and Emi also got some nice moments this episode
Pretty good action this episode too imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Series' finale:

Well...I finished the show. Was it good? Yes, I thought overall the season was good but the finale felt kinda rushed in terms of story execution. Meanwhile, I did like how they gave Jiro and Kikko more time to shine to the end.

Well, I'm going to miss this series for sure. Started in Fall and ended this Spring. Going to miss this series!
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Making a finale can be a challenge, but for this viewer I believe Concrete Revolutio hit it's mark.
This was an enjoyable romp with a large cast of characters and the show managed to give as many cameo's as possible without the narrative feeling over burdened.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
This series certainly had a truck load of flaws, particularly some nonsensical and inconsistent plotting and character motivations. But it still held together decently enough and certainly was more enjoyable than G-Reco, a show that had similar problems. Season 2 was definitely a big improvement, mainly because they stopped with the time jumping.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:19 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 11 (series finale)

This show can be confusing, can feel really cluttered and stuff does not always make sense, which is why I always like to look at it through a different lens. I feel like on at least one level the ending was commenting on two changing genre. One was on the witch into the magical girl, it has been talked about before how the magical girl genre were witches, inspired somewhat by the American show Bewitched, and over time the genre changed into them being heroes of justice. They went into the Japanese market being witches just hiding in average lives, and along the way became fighters, big team players, inspiration for younger audiences, and most recently involved in some pretty heavy subjects. Jirou is the nuclear bomb, but also representative of another piece of Japanese pop culture, Godzilla, which seems to be a poster of which that Fuurota confuses him of at the end. It is an interesting fact that Godzilla essentially became a big cultural icon of Japan, and actually kind of the good guy.

Talking about the series as whole, I think that although it had some interesting ideas, it kind of lacked some coherence. Good ideas that there are way too many of, and along with the odd way this series handled time, makes it a little hard to watch as a whole, but some individual episodes are good. For a rating I go with Good, it was worth watching just to see what else would be done, but it is not an easy watch.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
For what it was worth, it was an okay TV series. I had trouble following it along, it seemed like such a promising show when I saw the first episode, which was really carried by Kikko. But after that with the jumping to various chronological time frames to who seemed to be on whose side, and finally what seemed to be making a political statement, I felt a little let down. I guess perhaps I had expected it to be on the same level as Kill La Kill, but perhaps I didn't see in it what other people saw. I certainly won't be buying it for home viewing, it's worth streaming, but unfortunately not much more than that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9