• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Air Gear, Le Chevalier D'Eon Coming in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just a Pilgrim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that Rightstuf have Le Chevalier d'Eon vol.1 listed under genre as "comedy". Rolling Eyes
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Just a Pilgrim wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that Rightstuf have Le Chevalier d'Eon vol.1 listed under genre as "comedy". Rolling Eyes

Hmm It's kind of comical with zombie and what not's.......well just kidding. Definetly going to preorder this series, one of the best show this series.

Delta

Edit: TRSI has the first volume on sale yet they don't say if there is an artbox version/LE of this series so i am not sure if I want to buy it....but there is 40% off plus my got anime....damn it.
Ninja337

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Ninja337 wants Air Gear uncensored.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Damn, this is a fast turn-around. The series will have only been finished in Japan for a couple of weeks by the time the first volume comes out Stateside.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love historical epics, and what I've seen of this one is great stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Damn, this is a fast turn-around. The series will have only been finished in Japan for a couple of weeks by the time the first volume comes out Stateside.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love historical epics, and what I've seen of this one is great stuff.

A similar thing happened with FMA, didn't it? It probably shows that they're really confident in this anime. ^^ I'm going to have to rent it....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
detective392

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait for air gear on dvd and it's the uncut dvd version.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
According to the encyclopedia:

Vintage:
2003-10-04 to 2004-10-02
2004-11-06 to 2006-03-18 (USA Broadcast)

Fullmetal Alchemist - (DVD 1) 2005-02-08
Fullmetal Alchemist - Starter Set + Artbox (DVD 1) 2005-02-08

It started airing on Cartoon Network a little over a month after it finished in Japan, but the first DVD didn't come out until four months after it finished in Japan. Of course, going by when it finished isn't a good judgement since super-long series like Naruto and Bleach get licensed and released while new episodes are still going in Japan. Going by the point when they started in Japan would probably be a better way to judge.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
A similar thing happened with FMA, didn't it? It probably shows that they're really confident in this anime. ^^ I'm going to have to rent it....

Somewhat, the series ended in October 2004 (Japan) and the US release of volume 1 came out in February of 2005...pretty close, however the US tv debut Nov 6 2005, which is a quick turnaround considering when it ended.

As for Chevalier, it's definetly worth a rent to see if it's something up your alley.

Delta
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Edit: TRSI has the first volume on sale yet they don't say if there is an artbox version/LE of this series so i am not sure if I want to buy it....but there is 40% off plus my got anime....damn it.

Actually, ADV's new policy is to include the series box with vol. 2 for its series (I'd assume it'll come out at the end of April). Razz The upcoming second volume of Pani Poni Dash! is an example of their new policy.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
Actually, ADV's new policy is to include the series box with vol. 2 for its series (I'd assume it'll come out at the end of April). Razz The upcoming second volume of Pani Poni Dash! is an example of their new policy.

So that is going to be for sure with all their new series. I ask this because if that is the case I am going to buy the volume from TRSI since it's 40 percent off and I get additional ten percent off for the got anime club. I remember hearing something to the effect that some company wanted to change their artbox releases I couldn't remember who it was though. Thanks for the info.

Delta
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
ManSlayer07 wrote:

So that is going to be for sure with all their new series. I ask this because if that is the case I am going to buy the volume from TRSI since it's 40 percent off and I get additional ten percent off for the got anime club. I remember hearing something to the effect that some company wanted to change their artbox releases I couldn't remember who it was though. Thanks for the info.

Delta

You're welcome. I'd definitely go ahead and order it since it's at such a discount. There will probable by another ADV sale at TRSI before the second volume is released so maybe you can save 40% off that volume as well. Razz
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I haven't catched Le Chevalier D'Eon on fansub. But from what I heard it's sure to be on my must-buy-whatever-it-takes list. Japanese+French = awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1