• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prince of Stride Game Gets TV Anime by Madhouse in January

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
Always up for more sport series! I like the designs and Madhouse will produce decent animation. I just hope the main girl won't be annoying like some other heroines.

Spotlesseden wrote:
-Ana- wrote:
zztop wrote:
Long story short, it could surpass Free! in the right hands.
If this has reverse harem tropes then no.

Some reverse harem sold more dvd/Blu-ray than Free!
Yes, this can be more popular than Free! If they can get both make and female viewers.

The only otome/reverse harem adaption to sell more than Free! was UtaPri and that's because of event tickets for concerts with voice actors not because of the actual show itself.
sontoloyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
^ What Ana said Surprised as someone who also follow Oricon manga charts and also anime sometime for years, I didn't see any otome adaptations beside Utapri that sold more than Free, in fact plenty of them averages less than Free or even below 10K, just look how much stuff like Brocon, Amnesia, Kamiaso, etc averages, heck even Hakuoki is below Free! Unless you consider series like Haikyuu, Kuroko, etc are otome series.

Hopefully this one will be decent enough and focuses more on the sports and bromance than reverse harem hijinks. I love some good/decent cute boys doing cute things...as long as the main female in this isn't annoying. Sometimes I wish there's more of Haruhi (Ouran) type, or Emma (Garo) or even Balsa (Seirei no Moribito) as protagonist in this kind of reverse harem/otome anime adaptations.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Ono domination! Can't wait for the unrealistic take on the realistic take on running(joke).
malipro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
dcmc wrote:
correction,before being a game,Prince of Stride was already a LN & manga series,so the game actually came later.

True: The article says the CDs and Novels were based on the game, but the books started in 2012, and the CDs were from 2013. The article even states that the game is a recent invention, and it's not like they can make 4 novels and several CDs in about a month.

Looks alright, though.

spoiler[Can't wait for the inevitable Moe counterpart of this. ]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Always up for more sport series! I like the designs and Madhouse will produce decent animation. I just hope the main girl won't be annoying like some other heroines.

Spotlesseden wrote:
-Ana- wrote:
zztop wrote:
Long story short, it could surpass Free! in the right hands.
If this has reverse harem tropes then no.

Some reverse harem sold more dvd/Blu-ray than Free!
Yes, this can be more popular than Free! If they can get both make and female viewers.

The only otome/reverse harem adaption to sell more than Free! was UtaPri and that's because of event tickets for concerts with voice actors not because of the actual show itself.

i said it wrong, not reverse harem or otmoe. The same type of anime as Free! like kuroko basket. This is anime is similar to Kuroko, and Free!. We will see if it sell more or not. Free! only average about 17-18k. Just need to get female and male viewers beat it. Utano Princesama sold more on dvd than blueray, but it has little male fans. There are many super popular shojo, but i guess those don't count.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
The next era of Free is coming.
UtsuhoReiuji

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Do Japanese writers not realise mixed gender sports clubs can be a thing? Apart from Chihayafuru, girls are pretty much scooted off to the side as a manager instead of actually playing the damn sport.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

i said it wrong, not reverse harem or otmoe. The same type of anime as Free! like kuroko basket. This is anime is similar to Kuroko, and Free!. We will see if it sell more or not. Free! only average about 17-18k. Just need to get female and male viewers beat it. Utano Princesama sold more on dvd than blueray, but it has little male fans. There are many super popular shojo, but i guess those don't count.

We don't know what this anime is similar to cause it has not aired. Free! averaged 29k for its first season and averaged 22k for its second season, so you're wrong about that. You're also wrong about UtaPri selling more DVDs. For the first season it sold more DVDs, but for the rest of its seasons it actually sold more Blu-Ray discs.

I think they'll be just fine if only female fans like the show. Plenty of other shows have already made it apparent that just aiming at women is fine and vice versa.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
BRING IT!!!

I never knew I wanted this, and now I can't wait!

Saku-dono wrote:
The cast had 3 Ono's... Laughing
Good thing is, Okamoto is finally returning to lead roles after playing a lot of supporting lately.

^ Yes more Okamoto in leading roles, please.

Quote:
Do Japanese writers not realise mixed gender sports clubs can be a thing? Apart from Chihayafuru, girls are pretty much scooted off to the side as a manager instead of actually playing the damn sport.

You must be new this kinda genre, either that or you may not be aware of the appeal of these kind of shows...

P.S. Most of the other seiyuus on that list voice so many characters each season but Miyano (who is pretty popular) doesn't do as much. Is it by choice? I just think he would do more roles...
zztop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
UtsuhoReiuji wrote:

Apparently the game's writing justifies this by saying that spoiler[Stride (the sport) is so physically demanding and exerting that only men are able to properly keep up with it. Female Stride athletes are a rarity.]

Some Japan observers have noted the source game wasn't a bestseller, leading them to ask how the creative team convinced their sponsors to provide a budget for the anime.
justseiyuuloveme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't help but notice that most of the seiyuus in Kuroko No Basuke are also here~ hihihihi Very Happy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
UtsuhoReiuji wrote:

Apparently the game's writing justifies this by saying that spoiler[Stride (the sport) is so physically demanding and exerting that only men are able to properly keep up with it. Female Stride athletes are a rarity.]

Unless it's a contact sport, that'd be hard to justify.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:24 am Reply with quote
A marathon with some relay elements? Seems nice. And the visuals look like they were taken from Mirror's Edge.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2