Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, August 31-September 6




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
falcon.punch



Joined: 07 Jan 2015
Posts: 693
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Those reader scores for MGS5TPP and DDO are pretty abysmal. Razz

But what matters is that they sold. And not surprised by the MGS5TPP numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
PS4 DOMINATION AS EXPECTED! Even outsold the DQ PS4 console. MGS V PS4 version over PS3! YEAH!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome sales numbers for Metal Gear Solid V! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wandering Samurai



Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 874
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
As to be expected of MGS. Those are pretty good numbers if you were to combine the two numbers for the PS3/4. Notice that not one Xbone game is on that list. But then only 180 actual consoles sold, so what can you say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeAddict2014



Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
PS4 took the #1 spot

i guess the price is not the problem.. just need new games to come out for the system
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 7917
Location: IL
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:55 pm Reply with quote
There is no problem with the PS4. It has like 50% global market share which is crazy good with a 3 party split.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13719
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 am Reply with quote
FalconPunch wrote:

Those reader scores for MGS5TPP.... are pretty abysmal. Razz


Probably because..........


Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Awesome sales numbers for Metal Gear Solid V! Smile


For people who are against censorship, those are not good numbers.

Just like Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain was censored too in Japan.




Megiddo wrote:

There is no problem with the PS4. It has like 50% global market share which is crazy good with a 3 party split.


In Japan, the PS4 is trending below the PS3 though when their timelines are synced - meaning it's not selling as much as the PS3 was at the same points of age-time. It's still early, but prognosis is it's not expected to sell as much as the PS3 accumulated in Japan (about 10.3 million). Plus Japan is becoming more mobile gaming market, so that shouldn't be a surprise nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrownKlown



Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1662
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
FalconPunch wrote:

Those reader scores for MGS5TPP.... are pretty abysmal. Razz


Probably because..........


Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Awesome sales numbers for Metal Gear Solid V! Smile


For people who are against censorship, those are not good numbers.

Just like Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain was censored too in Japan.




Megiddo wrote:

There is no problem with the PS4. It has like 50% global market share which is crazy good with a 3 party split.


In Japan, the PS4 is trending below the PS3 though when their timelines are synced - meaning it's not selling as much as the PS3 was at the same points of age-time. It's still early, but prognosis is it's not expected to sell as much as the PS3 accumulated in Japan (about 10.3 million). Plus Japan is becoming more mobile gaming market, so that shouldn't be a surprise nowadays.


thats really irrelevant though, because on a worldwide scale the ps4 is ahead of the ps3 by a strong margin, also factor in that the ps3 sold about 80-90 million units, the 10.3 in Japan equate to only a little more than ten percent, so basically the original comment is valid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcon.punch



Joined: 07 Jan 2015
Posts: 693
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention that the scene is censored because CERO is Strict and not want to be slapped with a Z. (The highest possible)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13719
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

In Japan, the PS4 is trending below the PS3 though when their timelines are synced - meaning it's not selling as much as the PS3 was at the same points of age-time. It's still early, but prognosis is it's not expected to sell as much as the PS3 accumulated in Japan (about 10.3 million). Plus Japan is becoming more mobile gaming market, so that shouldn't be a surprise nowadays.

thats really irrelevant though, because on a worldwide scale the ps4 is ahead of the ps3 by a strong margin, also factor in that the ps3 sold about 80-90 million units, the 10.3 in Japan equate to only a little more than ten percent, so basically the original comment is valid.


While Japan isn't still mostly irrelevant, the PS4 is trending above the PS3 in the N. America and UK markets where it wasn't as strong before. Since Japan isn't as big a console market anymore (as ya pointed out, it's down to a little above 10% the PS3 market; the PS4 will make it even less), those more than offset the decline in the Japanese market. But it just shows that the PS4 is not doing better everywhere, though you're correct Japan is becoming less relevant for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group