• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Fans Choose Most Charming Busty Characters in Anime & Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:42 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I am genuinely surprised no Fairy Tail characters made the list. You literally have at least 80-90% of the female cast to choose from.

That may be precisely why. I could see a pretty good split between the characters there.

Erza's the only girl that really matters...

But you actually on to something, having so many well endowed ladies likely leads to FT cannibalizing it's own market so to speak. they suck so many votes form each other you can't create a foundation for one high vote getter.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
One Piece was the only series to have two characters in the list. I'm actually quite surprised that Nico Robin didn't make it into the list. But given the top 20 listings, it doesn't surprise me that the results really depended upon exposure, for instance how mainstream is the series, and then how new the series is too. Keep in mind Fujiko Mine's bust size is 99.9 cm, that seemed to be one of the appeal points about her Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quote
If I recall correctly, Boa Hancock placed higher than Nico Robin on the most recent One Piece popularity poll, so I believe she is an overall more popular character.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Wow, surprised Leafa managed to nab the #3 spot. Usually you expect Asuna, or even Sinon, to make it into popularity polls like this, though Leafa does have a fairly bigger bust in comparison. Congrats to her Smile.

Asuna doesn't really qualify as busty though. Sinon definitely doesn't.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Nana Ebina from Himouto Umaru-chan made the list already, quite impressive. Both her bust size and being able to make the list so soon after the anime premiered.

Ebina is probably my favourite recent busty girl. Her or Yuri Wakasa from School Live, but Yuri getting a gratuitous "bounce" in the opening credits didn't seem to give her any extra buoyancy in this poll.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quote
Anime Hero25 wrote:
Suprised Tsunada isn't up here she had a rack you could do Shakespeare off of

That's true. The Freezing, Sekirei, and FT girls (sans Levy and young Wendy) should have been on this list.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
A bust list without Tsunade, Rangiku Matsumoto, and half of the women from Godannar?

The first 2 not being present, or any FT characters (Erza ftw!!!), is surprising. Godannar not being on the list is not surprising at all. I agree with you myself, just as there should be some Gravion or Muv Luv ladies in there in there, but that show is older and most probably have not even seen it at this point. Now no Freezing ladies is very surprising to me. I mean good lord half of each episode is tits being thrown at you. Then again by that logic where is Ikki Tousen or Queen's Blade.
animelytical

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
Nami isn't even the most charming busty girl in her manga. To me she's a downside of the manga as much as the fact that humans have an insurmountably big power gap training won't fill.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 am Reply with quote
Ah, Yui Yuigahama and Mikuru Asahina make the top 10. I'm happy to see them both there (even though Mikuru, unlike Yui, isn't my favourite female cast member from the anime she's in...it's clear why Nagato isn't there...).
Vert-sama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
damn right, Nami is the best female anime character ever
ZeroRD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote
No Mirajane in top 20? That confirms it! It's not a real busty charming top, It's just each guy voting he's series. And it's confirmed by series like Love Live being in.
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:17 am Reply with quote
Well, at least Fujiko Mine is the #1 woman in the list (and probably the only one who's older than 18)
ZeroRD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:28 am Reply with quote
Yuko Sagiri from Triage X probably beats them all.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
In terms of bustiest (in order of size), Rias is likely 1 of them because her measurements 39/23/35 in.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
In terms of bustiest (in order of size), Rias is likely 1 of them because her measurements 39/23/35 in.

Maken-ki!'s Nijō Aki is 103-58-92, and most of the rest of the female cast have similar sizes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4