• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Secret' New 3x3 Eyes Content Teased With Anime Footage

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nargun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote
tcdelaney wrote:
Waiting to find out what is actually going to happen is awful. They've got me all excited, and if it turns out not to be a new anime adaptation (preferably of the entire manga!)

Highlights reel of the first half of the manga, with all the side-stories trimmed out. Probably in an OVA format like the old one, but starting from the beginning: there's a lot of early material -- ep2 of the old OVA, or the hyouma arc -- that doesn't have any footage shown, or any of the Amara material. But OTOH that's whatserface, short-black-hair is Nobuko or whatever her name was, who from memory really doesn't get much play until the tail end of the manga. So maybe all the test-footage they have is from the earlier bits.

We're definitely getting Animated Ayanokouji Youko: this is a Good Thing and meet and proper. On the downside, the side-story material is honestly better than the core, and it's in cutting it away that made the end of the manga weak.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
As much as I'd love to see a 3x3 Eyes TV series...Pai is way off-model in several shots here (and looks only sort of like Pai in the rest), the animation looks cheap, and the color palette is way too bright for something that needs to be heavy on creepy atmosphere. This looks like Saban's "3x3 Eyez" for Saturday morning.

So...pachinko or video game, please. Screw this up and it'll be decades before there's another chance, so if you're gonna do it, please, please, please get it right.

Quote:
Also agreed on Gunsmith Cats.

My day to be disagreeable, I guess. I wanted to love the manga, but it drove me away by being a whole lot nastier than it needed to be. So if they make a series I'd like, everyone else will be complaining about how watered-down it is.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
I agree a 3x3 Eyes would be a wonderful news. Wish it happens!
I also would love to see anime adaptation of Karakuri Circus (by Ushio to Tora creator),Bastard! and of course a full anime adaptation of Berserk (that will never happen sadly).
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
Full adaptation as a TV anime!

One can hope...
megazero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
90's goodness.

Hope that this become a full-fledged anime.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2