• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Battlers eXperience 2nd Season to Air on Nicktoons

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see how much more of a mess this dub will be. Considering the unusually high amount of edits in the first season, not to mention the editing of 18 episodes out (combination of merging and just outright skipping episodes), I'm not exactly giving a lot of faith in the rest of the series.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
I can't wait to see how much more of a mess this dub will be. Considering the unusually high amount of edits in the first season, not to mention the editing of 18 episodes out (combination of merging and just outright skipping episodes), I'm not exactly giving a lot of faith in the rest of the series.

What sort of edits? I'd love an LBX Uncensored site a la Sailor Moon Uncensored (Sailor Moon) or Dogasu's Backpack (Pokemon)
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
What sort of edits? I'd love an LBX Uncensored site a la Sailor Moon Uncensored (Sailor Moon) or Dogasu's Backpack (Pokemon)

Uncensored sites seem extremely obsolete in this day and age of high speed internet where the show in question is available fansubbed on the internet for everyone to see for themselves.

But from what I remember of the few episodes of the dub I saw, aside from guns and bullets changed to lasers and skirts/shirts being lengthened to hide legs/midriffs they cut down 44 episodes into 26. Omitted some arcs entirely like the Prime Minister Assassination arc.

Danball Senkei's dub is basically going back to the era of 4Kids, Saban, and Nelvana. To hear the same company also has Youkai Watch as well really makes me worried about how that will be handled.

-Stuart Smith
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Don't know much about this series, but thought it was one of those shows only little kids watched that no one would care about edits for.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
But from what I remember of the few episodes of the dub I saw, aside from guns and bullets changed to lasers and skirts/shirts being lengthened to hide legs/midriffs they cut down 44 episodes into 26. Omitted some arcs entirely like the Prime Minister Assassination arc.

Danball Senkei's dub is basically going back to the era of 4Kids, Saban, and Nelvana. To hear the same company also has Youkai Watch as well really makes me worried about how that will be handled.

-Stuart Smith

I think they could do a better job if they kept the same amount of episodes but do less edits.
vgiannell5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:58 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Stuart Smith wrote:

-Stuart Smith

I think they could do a better job if they kept the same amount of episodes but do less edits.

Quite possibly, but I doubt they'll do less editing.
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:04 am Reply with quote
Hitokiri Kenshin wrote:
Don't know much about this series, but thought it was one of those shows only little kids watched that no one would care about edits for.

Although (as someone who watched the series) I would heavily disagree, I will admit that this kind of thing is subjective.

However, this is 44 episodes of Danball Senki sliced into 26 of Little Battlers eXperience, and I'm not sure if that can really qualify for being edits that no one would care for...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
If they had this on Toonami, then they could get aware with less edits. However, that just didn't work for them.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
Even with edits, I'm still looking forward to it. I never saw the Japanese version, probably because I don't watch fansubbed anime unless the anime in question is not licensed here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1