• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nickelodeon Schedules Miraculous Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animedude5555

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Freyanne wrote:
It apparently already premiered in Korea last week (episode 2 aired two days ago IIRC), and I watched the first episode earlier today because I got too curious.

Even though I watched the episode raw, I enjoyed the first episode. The animation was pretty good IMO, especially duirng the action/fight scenes (I too agree on not understanding why people have so much hate towards good CGI animation), and although I didn't understand what the characters were saying, the characters all seem likeable enough. I look forward to the dub when it comes out so I can make a better opinion on it.

What bugs me is that I kinda feel the people who are knocking on the CGI version so hard would be the same ones raging if (by some chance) the 2D version doesnt happen because not enough people supported the CGI show.

The 2D version has been replaced by this CGI version. A 2D version is never going to happen now.

Not replaced permanently, just replaced as the primary show. The last thing I heard was that the 2D one might still be made as a secondary show, to be a "webisode" exclusive (no TV broadcast). But the 2D one will only be made if the 3D one is popular enough. This is what one of the execs told me, when I contacted him on Youtube (by chance I happened to find his personal Youtube channel, and I asked him about the 2D version).

Last edited by animedude5555 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
animedude5555

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Sango chan wrote:
To me the 3d version just looks over the top kiddy.

You sure about that? Check out this screencap I got from the Korean version of episode-1 (when the full episode was on Youtube a couple weeks ago, before it got taken down for copyright infringement).

Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
^
I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelodeon were to certain parts like this one out of the show...
animedude5555

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
^
I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelodeon were to certain parts like this one out of the show...

4Kids most certainly would. They've censored scenes that are a lot less suggestive than this even, so 4Kids most certainly would censor this show to pieces. But Nickelodeon isn't 4Kids. I don't even know what the censorship policy of Nickelodeon is. I don't usually even watch their shows. However, if Ladybug is going to be on Nickelodeon Channel (and if they don't butcher it too badly), I may start watching Nickelodeon, just to see this show.

And by the way, most shows that get censored in the US tend to be from Japan, not from Europe. It seems like most animation importing companies have something against Japan specifically, more than any other country, and they are usually standard 2D hand-drawn anime shows that get censored, not 3D CG animation. All I can say is, I hope they don't censor this show, or at least I hope they don't do too much censoring.

By the way, this scene isn't an extended scene. It's not like a minute long sex scene (despite how a screencap of the scene may appear). It's actually just a few seconds long. This show is absolutely NOT a hentai. This occurs just after they both get hit by an enemy's attack, and are blasted back hard. When they finally land on the ground, they end up like this. After only a few seconds, he gets off of her and they go back to fighting the badguy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3