• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deadline: Legendary Moves King Kong Prequel to Warner for Godzilla Crossover

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
They don't really need to change sizes too much.

It'd be like a monkey knight fighting a big dragon - that has been shown as a fair fight in movies before.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
Well it probably won't be the original King Kong he died in the 1930s and the new Godzilla takes place in modern times. So most likely it'll be his son or something and he might be larger then the original he'll still be called King Kong of course and most likely come from skull island like the first. Just keep that in mind Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
Tenchi: The '014 Godzilla was lacking, [*cough* It should've been about Heisenberg, not Kick-Ass! *cough*] but it still served a purpose: Namely to wash away the stains left over by that Emmerich remake. Rolling Eyes
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
^
Hey, I loved how Godzilla scorched Sydney. (I'm a Melburnian.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 am Reply with quote
We are getting the second coming of a Godzilla vs King Kong crossover? Sweet! Just bring in Pacific Rim and we are in business because with Legendary Pictures owning the rights to all of these properties, expect the beginning of the Kaiju Cinematic Universe in play!
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
This is nice, I look forward to the "Skull Island" attractions at Universal Orlando / Hollywood / Tokyo, get up close and personal with Kong, Godzilla & Friends. Very Happy

I assume you mean the one already being built (which is based on the Hollywood tram ride, which is based on the Peter Jackson anomaly without Godzilla):
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/king-kong-appears-at-universal-orlando-as-skull-island-reign-of-kong-takes-shape-with-new-entrance-rock-work/

Kadmos1 wrote:
Considering that Kong is a Universal property, I wonder if there was the issue of copyright infringement when the original movie came out.

Whose? The original '33 movie was RKO, now owned by Warner, and the 70's movie is still a Paramount release, even though it was a DiLaurentiis production.
"Kongfrontation" didn't become a Universal Studios attraction until Universal wanted to cash in on '86's "King Kong Lives", which came out from DiLaurentiis Entertainment Group, which was absorbed by Universal.
Until, of course, Peter Jackson made his thuggish-looking Kong for Universal, and then it became all in the family again.
(And then, of course, somewhere in the middle, you've got the original King Kong vs. Godzilla and King Kong Escapes, which were Universal releases unlike the other US 60's Toho Godzillas from American Intl.)

Although who owns the image-estate rights to the original '33 Kong himself, I can't say.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2