• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AMV love.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116_v2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
m00nshine wrote:
www.animemusicvideos.org If you like them go there... pretty good community with a lot of downloads. It would be nice to see ANN hold some contests now and then for amv's. See what kind of results are created.

They wouldn't be able to for legal reasons. AMVs are a violation of copyright. The anime companies probably wouldn't care. It's just bits and pieces of the show spliced together. However, the music side would be a problem. You usually have full songs as the audio (or in some cases audio bites from comedy shows or movies, but still copyrighted material) and the music companies sure as hell care. AMV.org has already run into some trouble with one of them but managed to compromise by only removing everything that contained songs from three particular artists.
They wouldn't have had any trouble if some moron hadn't written the record label and asked, "Hey, I saw these videos on the net with your band's music set to anime, are these related to the band, cause if so it's really kewl Smile" and the record label had to take action in keeping with "due dilligence," basically a "you snooze, you lose" copyright law that requires rights holders to take action to enforce their rights if they know that they're being infringed.

It's not like AMVs are that relevant for music piracy, anyway--why would anyone waste time and bandwidth downloading a 50 MB video, ripping the audio and re-encoding it to the format of their choice when they can just find the .mp3 with their favorite P2P software?
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Niceguy9418

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm a total youtube junkie, mainly for AMV's. True - most are crap, but it's fun to see what people come up with. Some of my fav's:

Ah My Goddess set to "Who wants to live forever?" by Queen (very appropriate!)

Two different ones, one w/ Love Hina, one w/ FMA, both set to "Horoscope for today" by Wierd Al (both very funny)

Negima spoiler[(Asuna's death)] set to "Yesterday" by Boys2Men. (cried)

And there's one really good out there with over 100 different anime set to "Baby got back" by Sir Mix-a-lot. (best one I've ever seen.)
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:01 am Reply with quote
Hellsing Pizza Delivery

ya, this one isnt all that good but HEY, it was pretty funny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
BEst Naruto Vid

This is by FAR, the best Naruto vid, if not best done vid I've seen, its not a comedy one like my others on here, this is a deep vid and the 1st of 3 songs and the bulk of it is in German, but its still the best.

Narutrix

And THIS is the Narutrix, The Matrix and Naruto of course, good transition
Dranxis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Just watched some pretty incredible Revolutionary Girl Utena AMV's: Deluge and Embers. Deluge focuses mostly on Anthy and Utena's relationship while Embers explores the bonds between Juri, Shiori and Ruka. EXTREMELY good editing. Deluge is somewhere on youtube, and Embers is probably availible on animemusicvideos.org: the creator took Deluge off there but I found the higher quality download on roselinedcoffin. Really recommended.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:25 am Reply with quote
Revival!! As ordered.

Ordained from above This is the true hardships and drama of AMV creation.

Action or Serious Vids.
Haruhi Suzumiya fiction

Naruto: Whisper of the Beast Great Vid.

Narutos' Blame Action Packed Vid.

One Piece: Sail On Great vid. that fits well.

Comedy Vids.
Naruto + Dane Cook

Naruto + Dane Cook Again

Naruto + Mitch Hedburg

Naruto + Pablo Francisco Best of the comedian vids.

Yu-Gi-Oh!-Lazy Sunday

Yu-Gi-Oh!-Im Yami Partridge Wonderful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:35 am Reply with quote
^ Beat me to it.
Yunika wrote:
That site [animemusicvideos.org] is like driving a bad car...
Yeah, it's soooo much worse than wading through the sea of duplicates, mislabeled items, unrelated crap, and misattributed/stolen videos on Youtube. It's only the Web's most respected and premiere site for AMVs, but since you don't know how to use it, it must be bad Rolling Eyes

I tend to go for AMVs that tell a good story within themselves and bring out some qualities of the anime via the choice of song and editing. One such video is Taisetsu na Omoi, which features clips from one of the more poignant sidestories from Chobits. Still, I'm always up for a good comedy video that uses multiple anime and keeps me guessing where the clips are coming from. Try Stop Looking at My #### for a good example of added subtitles/effects.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
A Yu-Gi-Oh! Christmas Carol

A day or 2 late, but at least it's funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote
i think im gonna kill my psp with amv tonight! but did i mention the AMV using avenue Q stuff. usually hilarious.
drakonslair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
The comment about the pages and pages of the naruto and bleach amv's is unfortunately very true. Though I think what annoys me more is that they tend to use the same songs over and over again (Evanessence anyone?). I prefer to see AMVs which use less well known or less publicised tracks.

There are obviously many inexperienced people that attempt to make AMV's and they tend to use the most popular anime/music that they listen to instead of experimenting more.

Check out an AMV called Galaxy Bounce by nostromo_vx ( Dont know if there is a policy on linking AMV's but you should be able to find it at the anime music video organisation site Smile ) Beautiful track and I think it was masterfully applied to scenes from Pale Cocoon OAV.

I thought some of the AMV Hell was funny mainly in that cringe kinda way but many just werent. Still I liked the concept they were going for and they got some laughs out of me for it.

One bad thing about watching AMV's, make sure you have watched the entier series first as its common that important scenes are depicted. Its a minor annoyance at times but on the other hand I've checked out animes I've come accross in AMVs as it highlighted some of the better moments from the animes.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
One of my friends from work told me to look up AMV Hell, and I took his advice on it. I'm VERY glad that I did, because this was one of the funniest AMV's that I've seen yet Laughing
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, now you need to see AMV HELL 2: Son of AMV HELL (5 min.) and AMV HELL 3: The Motion Picture (! hour 8 min. 52 seconds.) and for anyone who watches this one. The reason the very first vid, right after the Highway to Hell thing is funny, is because the SONG is called Dark Chest of Wonders.

here's AMV HELL Championship Edition. (23 min. 41 seconds) The worst of em all.

Now, I would also put up AMV HELL 0, my personal favorite, but because it's not allowed on any video site or on Animemusicvideos.com I can't...

However I will put AMVHELL.com up so you can torrent it from there and watch how awesome it is. You can even get the collection to burn to DVD. And good new for all fans. AMV HELL 4 is in production!!!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote
I like AMVs as much as the next guy but it's quite hard to find those that are good as opposed to all the crappy ones. There's a few things that turn me off to vids though like subs being left in (unless the conversation relates to the music), footage from the shows opening or ending with the text left in, untranslated text prominantly featured, or videos with multiple anime. I rather have them just feature one show or at least one franchise of related shows unless the video is meant to be commedic than it's okay. That way it's easier to find out where the footage is from if you don't know.

Last edited by Kruszer on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I Love AMV's only if it's well thought out and more Original and has'nt been done before, Lately I'm sick of Action AMV's with over used Songs like Ghostbusters or Highway to Hell.

I like to try something new and original, like this one for instants, I made this one

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xm3ay_anime-girls-tribute-guanbare
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 21