• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AMV love.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Yami Pinata Yami and the Pinata commercial. Love it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
These aren't as much AMV's as they are Flashes of wannabe 2d fighting games. But they should be made because they are really good.

Battle Fantasia R Mecha 2d fighting.

Battle Fantasia V All girl 2d fighting.

Battle Fantasia G Longer, better all girl 2 fighting. (My favorite one)

Echolocation This isn't an AMV at all, but this is amazing, this dude is a trooper and apparently likes Kid Buu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess I am not the only one who want to make AMV but does not have the time, the talent nor the patience to do it. A shame cause I think I got a few good idea, I always wanted, to do a mimic of the Push It To The Limit part in the Scarface movie using Speed Grapher clips. All the material (and themes) to recreate the sequence is in the anime; money, (and money counting) wedding, drugs, excess etc. I also wanted to do some AMV with Red Hot Chili Peppers songs, like Hump De Bump and Tell Me Baby for REC or Storm In A Teacup for Fate/stay Night (this one could be funny)... well enough reveries I posted in the first place, since I just recently noticed the thread, to share a great AMV made by some French guy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KjQQ8D-l7w
Anyway, it's really better if you understand French. J'adore!
DragonMasterZero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15 am Reply with quote
Princess Tutu - Hall om mig nu (Hold Me Now)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=485713900082606471&q=Hold+Me+Now+Princess+Tutu

This is one of the most amazing AMV's i've ever seen. The music is excellent and flows exceptionally well with the footage shown. This video single handedly made us choose to watch Princess Tutu in our anime club
nailz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
The Race by Istiv Studios http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akycq9l0Nl0

Always Hardcore by Nostromo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4969gOLV00 is one of my favorites by far. I first saw it at Anime Detour06 and the whole room was pumped. After watching tons of crap AMVs, it's nice to find something decent (and not Naruto).

I don't have the time to make AMVs myself so I can't complain about it too much. I always try to get to all the AMV showings at my local con. If you are in the MN area, Anime Detour does a pretty good job of making room for AMV fans. The WTF contest is awesome!
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Have to agree with the Tutu video mentioned above. It's an award-winner, and very well-done.

Saw the AMV Finals at Ohayocon this past weekend, and the one that most sticks in my memory is one set to Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth," which used scenes of protest marches from movies like Jin-Roh, Metropolis, and Akira, among others. Looking for a link for it right now, but I was amazed it was only a runner-up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quote
I came across this one on another forum which is hands down the best one I've ever seen. Check it out.
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
probably the best amv i've ever seen, good choice in music and the editing is really something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QEJbRlCbm8E
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Where Aqune Belongs Not great, but it fits well.
LC_Lapen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Well everyone, I've been wondering for days on end how to announce this thing when it was finished. Should I be modest? Or should I come out with both guns blazing? I chose the latter.

"Coming this Winter:

For the first time ever....ANN user LC_Lapen has toiled and worked on an AMV. But not just any AMV. An AMV that could stand amongst the ranks of AMV Hell, Phoenix Wrong, and Narutowned. Now, in 2007....

You - Will - Be - OWNED!

LC_Lapen presents his first ever AMV: "OWNED PIECE". A thrilling jorney into the depths of parody, you will experience Pain. You will experience Laughter. You will experience Sanji being voiced by Denis Leary.

So now, without further ado: My masterpiece: OWNED PIECE.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OctZ9UwrC3c

Watch it. And lol.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I've hardly found any AMVs I like. Many are terrible. I found a Sailormoon AMV that was just a 4 minute scene from an SM episode.. WITH THE SUBS IN IT with the music playing over it. That's not even terrible, that's just....half assed.

The three that stand out for me was a SM montage with Savatage's "This isnt What we Ment", A Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust video with Iced Earth's "Slave to Darkness" and a Noir Video for Nightwish's "She is My Sin"
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I've just very recently started looking at AMVs on YouTube and I found this Sailor Moon Live Action one. I have really fallen in love with the song and I'm planning on ordering the CD for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzHkaO-CjzE

And if Zalis hadn't already convinced me to get Princess Tutu, I would have just from that AMV linked above...WOW!
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quote
These are a couple of flashes made by Touhou.

Reisen's theme from Imperishable Night

A CD promotion.

I love these.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:15 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I've just very recently started looking at AMVs on YouTube and I found this Sailor Moon Live Action one. I have really fallen in love with the song and I'm planning on ordering the CD for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzHkaO-CjzE

And if Zalis hadn't already convinced me to get Princess Tutu, I would have just from that AMV linked above...WOW!

Yeah, Ghost Love Score is an AMAZING song. Unfortunately that's not the whole thing (its' acutally over 10 minutes long). Nightwish is one of my favorite bands, and Once is my favorite album from them. You'd be making a big mistake NOT picking it up. Order it from www.theendrecords.com. Shipping is free and they're extremely fast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 21