• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Characters Chosen for Banpresto's DBZ, One Piece Figure Coliseum

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Senor Pink came in at 5...this poll was not hard boiled enough.

Also how did Urouge get 2nd?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Also how did Urouge get 2nd?
Probably fans saw this as his best chance of getting a figure since the Figuarts Zero shown in 2012 didn't happen.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Indeed. And yeah, I'm confused about Urouge too. I'm current with the anime at least, and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't done...well...anything of note whatsoever.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Indeed. And yeah, I'm confused about Urouge too. I'm current with the anime at least, and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't done...well...anything of note whatsoever.

He recently resurfaced in the manga, though it isn't clear if he'll be part of the upcoming arc now that the Dressrosa arc is finally finished.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm thrilled that Android 18 made it in the Top 3, considering that she's the only female character on the list.

On a side note, my sincere apologies for saying this, but Trafalgar's name is misspelled.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
Not surprised that Law would be number one in the OP poll. Though Urouge is kind of a surprise, and on top of that he beat out Bartolomeo. It must have had to do with spoiler[Urouge meeting up with Kaido in the manga recently.]
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

He recently resurfaced in the manga, though it isn't clear if he'll be part of the upcoming arc now that the Dressrosa arc is finally finished.

Emerje

And regarding Urouge, he is pretty popular in Japan, according to the popularity surveys. After the big three Worst Generation memberss (Luffy, Kidd, and Law), he is the next most popular member. I have never been sure why this is the case. But it's interesting to see him chosen over Boa Hancock. The Japanese adoration for her can sometimes be out of hand...
Araki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:19 am Reply with quote
Urouge is like a joke favorite among the japanese fandom for some reason. there's no fair logic behind it.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy for Bartolomeo! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1