• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tatsumi Kimishima Chosen as New President of Nintendo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully he doesn't drive handhelds to the ground in favor of F2P money pits on phones, only a specific niche of the Nintendo fanbase wants those, the rest don't and want their full, priced, 1st party and 3rd party experiences on Nintendo handhelds. Also he needs to bring parties in with the NX.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
While Mr. Kimishima-san has been primarily been involved in the world of banking and managerial matters, he seems to understand that running a gaming company is more than just going by numbers.

However, I wouldn't expect him to stay as CEO for that long- he's only been asked to be available for one year.
Korogoro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm not gonna say that Kimishima is gonna do something wrong, but things aren't looking pretty for the future of Nintendo Confused . But he could also surpass my expectations and be a good president. Let's hope Nintendo continues to be an excellent gaming company Smile
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Korogoro wrote:
I'm not gonna say that Kimishima is gonna do something wrong, but things aren't looking pretty for the future of Nintendo Confused . But he could also surpass my expectations and be a good president. Let's hope Nintendo continues to be an excellent gaming company Smile

Excellent gaming companies don't put out systems like the Virtual Boy, The Gamecube and the WiiU Wink

AiddonValentine wrote:

Indeed; a little too late to suddenly be missing him and trying to act like they weren't a bunch of caustic critics during his tenure.

They're were caustic critics postmortem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2