• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PlayStation VR Demoed With Aquarion, FFXIV, Miku, Danganronpa

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

It's kind of funny that this just happens to be getting developed by the same company that made both of those games.

Sony developed the hardware and the SAO anime. Bandai developed the .Hack animes and games. Bamco developing the Summer Lesson VR game and if I recall a SAO project for the morpheus in the works. Its all a conspiracy I tell ya.
GEO9875

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
im curious if the american e3 2016 conference will have summer lesson as one of their top games for the system... lol
vanfanel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
A sword art online game would have been Ideal.

If you can opt out of the microwave feature.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
How the heck would Aquarion work with this? Can you experience the sensation of Gattai and pilot Aquarion EVOL Very Happy?

I believe they've already shown the Aquarion thing before. It's some crossover with something else and it's more of you just sitting there watching an anime cutscene play out around you.

I tried Morppheus out at Fanexpo with the Headmaster game and Capcom's Kitchen demo.

The good news is that it works as advertised.

The bad news is that the screen resolution produces a 'screen door' effect so the quality of what you see isn't very good, but can be fixed with better screens moving to 2-4K, but it is unlikely to happen for the consumer version at this time.

Also it's not a complete wrap-around vision, but more like you are seeing through 'goggles', this again can be fixed, but it's a balance of hardware versus consumer cost, not to mention more rendering power.

But if you start to get really into the game, then you might be able to get past these things and just enjoy it for what it is in its current state.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:

The bad news is that the screen resolution produces a 'screen door' effect so the quality of what you see isn't very good, but can be fixed with better screens moving to 2-4K, but it is unlikely to happen for the consumer version at this time.

Also it's not a complete wrap-around vision, but more like you are seeing through 'goggles', this again can be fixed, but it's a balance of hardware versus consumer cost, not to mention more rendering power.

You're likely correct about the current hardware - the PS4 (and XB1) would be hard-pressed to go beyond 1080p.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOD! I cannot believe what I am seeing. I was laughing my ass off when they actually pulled off a virtual reality dating sim. I like the English-speaking girl better because of how natural her body movements are. The Japanese girl seems to make lots of these head movements that make it awkward, but I guess that is something only Japanese people do.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Not too impressed with the Japanese girl's design in Summer Lessons, but the blond girl is amazingly realistic! (Not too bad of a voice acting job either.)
gustave154

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Getting this for summer lesson...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2