• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: .hack Inspires Bandai Namco's New World RPG App

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the words ".hack" for a second...This is the most disappointing news in a while. Why can't we get a normal .hack game? Guilty Dragon was a mobile experiment also inspired by .hack and it did great. So why not another proper entry?

Enough with the crappy iOS games (we don't even get them outside of Japan), and can we finally get a proper .hack entry on consoles Evil or Very Mad
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the words ".hack" for a second... ...So why not another proper entry?

My heart did too... But let's face the facts the franchise is a little too old now. It'd have to be rebooted, or remake games that were made. The franchise is quite dead unfortunately. And other MMORPG based stories have been better received. If they made better .hack anime maybe people would still care? Idk.
Falce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I just want a collection of the past .hack games (+ GU games) without forking hundreds of dollars. Seriously, is it asking too much to have it on PSN or steam?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
All I want is an HD remake of IMOQ and G.U
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
Personally I'm sorta okay with this? I mean it's a mixed bag.

On one hand it's really cool to see Sadamoto's name on this. Always did like his work, and it's cool to see that he liked .hack enough to sorta-kinda revisit it/agree to come back on a similar project. Plus, the .hack fan in me that craves more content from the franchise, (especially now that VR is legit happening/currently exists) is just happy to see that something is in the works. (aside from Guilty Dragon)

But on the other hand...yeah, a mobile game, one we probably won't even see, and something that might be rebooting or ret-conning the original? (oh gosh please don't do that!)

I don't mind the mobile thing because .hack//Fragment was mobile too, and we eventually got our console games. But still, I don't know how to feel about any of this.

I guess only time will tell...
kuzronk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote
Just as long as they don't try to turn .hack into a pay to play sao clone then it's all good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1