• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 5's 3rd Promo Video Reveals Summer 2016 Delay, Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
SuperDuperDog wrote:
Is that Chopper?

-Googles-

Holy shit it's Tony Tony Chopper!

Ikue Ohtani literally doing the Chopper voice oh my god I need this game!

What's that anime where Ikue Ohtani plays the cute mascot character?
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising considering nothing specific had been announced yet. I hope they take the extra time to make sure it's a PS4 game also on the PS3 and not a PS3 game that's also on the PS4.

Calsolum wrote:
sadly I'm not the least bit surprised, games like these never get their intended release date and are always pushed back by something. I wouldn't be surprised if SMT x Fire Emblem and fire emblem fates are affected in some way as well

Fates is already out in Japan and has nothing to do with Atlus. It should just be going through localization to bring it to NA & EU.
SMT x FE may be affected, but that would only be if the same team was working on it, which is unlikely though I don't know how many teams they have. Unless they pull people from other teams, it shouldn't be effected. Unlike P5, it actually has a release date (12/26/15), at least in Japan.
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
NANANANANANANANANANANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That aside, take your time Atlus (but not too long) and make Persona 5 a masterpiece. Also I'm assuming Summer 2016 release window is Japan only?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:26 am Reply with quote
ICO44 wrote:
Holly f**k the trailer was AMAZING!!! The visuals, The dungeon design and the Tokyo exploration. But Atlus straight up lie to us about 2015 release window.

Release dates 50% of the time tend to get pushed back from their tentatively mentioned dates so I don't get the whole "They Lied To Us" argument the warning signs for the game getting delayed were right there though people were too busy riding the hype train and complaining about DAN,Ultimax, & Q to pay attention.
Manwards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
This looks incredible. Like they took the best parts of Persona 4 and expanded on them, and then added back the dungeon exploration and possibly having to capture/negotiate with Personas. Great voice cast too, although I doubt the Japanese dub will be available in the Western release. As for the delay, for whatever reason I'm not remotely surprised or bothered. So long as the end result is as good as it looks, then delay it however long you want!
B00m23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Not surprising considering nothing specific had been announced yet. I hope they take the extra time to make sure it's a PS4 game also on the PS3 and not a PS3 game that's also on the PS4.

Calsolum wrote:
sadly I'm not the least bit surprised, games like these never get their intended release date and are always pushed back by something. I wouldn't be surprised if SMT x Fire Emblem and fire emblem fates are affected in some way as well

Fates is already out in Japan and has nothing to do with Atlus. It should just be going through localization to bring it to NA & EU.
SMT x FE may be affected, but that would only be if the same team was working on it, which is unlikely though I don't know how many teams they have. Unless they pull people from other teams, it shouldn't be effected. Unlike P5, it actually has a release date (12/26/15), at least in Japan.

Yeah, no, the PS4 port is little more than an afterthought. This is a PS3 game.
tsundereikemen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:57 am Reply with quote
SuperDuperDog wrote:
Is that Chopper?

-Googles-

Holy shit it's Tony Tony Chopper!

Ikue Ohtani literally doing the Chopper voice oh my god I need this game!
I KNOOOOOOOW!! YOU AND ME BOTH!! also Fukuyama Jun and Mizuki Nana! I will die _(:3

Animeking1108 wrote:
What's that anime where Ikue Ohtani plays the cute mascot character?

Pokemon? Razz

But going back to what one of you said, it's very unlikely of ATLUS to release the Japanese audio along with it...but ugh I'M VERY HOPEFUL. At least like DLC! Square Enix is doing it! Atlus, it's your turn!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3