• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing Ultimate Give-Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilacShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Yay, another contest! Anime smile Thanks for having these contests, ANN!

My best friend likes Hellsing way more than I do, so if I won something from this, I'd probably give it to her as Christmas or birthday present..
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah hellsing. i can't wait to get this. either way is fine with me.
i wonder if they'll be another contest before x-mas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote
This is great, I hope I win the LE. Very Happy I wonder what else ANN will give away...?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
This is great, I hope I win the LE. Very Happy I wonder what else ANN will give away...?

I'd be happy with either version, but the LE would be cool. What else? Well to keep the people happy you can win answerman cats......best prize ever!
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
Hope I win.

Now to beat a dead horse: Why Arucard??? WHYYYYYY I never got the spoiler[Alucard is actually Dracula] until I finally saw the second OVA episode at a con.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:47 am Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
Hope I win.

Now to beat a dead horse: Why Arucard??? WHYYYYYY I never got the spoiler[Alucard is actually Dracula] until I finally saw the second OVA episode at a con.

Don't beat dead horse it's bad for your health. It's Alucard because that is his name........pretty plain and simple to me. There is some sort of connection to that other vampire, I just don't know what since I haven't read all the manga.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote
Well i sure want to win this one, i might give this to my cousin or to one of my two lesbian friends that LOVE Hellsing TO THE MAX!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
who_is_friend wrote:
Hope I win.

Don't beat dead horse it's bad for your health. It's Alucard because that is his name........pretty plain and simple to me. There is some sort of connection to that other vampire, I just don't know what since I haven't read all the manga.

I was actually referring to the fact that both the sub and the dub (where it was previously only the sub) is calling Alucard Arucard for no reason at all, especially when there is a connection to the Drac-man. It makes no sence at all really. It kind of reminds me of earlier days of fansubs (see Anime Junkies) where every characters name was spelled completely phonetically when there was a perfectly correct english equivalent (Kurimu=Crim and so on).
Nerv1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I would love to see this one without having to pay anything Wink

Well you can, just go to this website: www.video.qooqle.jp
It offers videos from youtube but unfortunatly hellsing ulitmate is blocked on youtube and you can't view it if you don't have a youtube account so just go to this website and type in "hellsing ulitmate episode 1" to watch it.
jgreen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
I was actually referring to the fact that both the sub and the dub (where it was previously only the sub) is calling Alucard Arucard for no reason at all, especially when there is a connection to the Drac-man. It makes no sence at all really. It kind of reminds me of earlier days of fansubs (see Anime Junkies) where every characters name was spelled completely phonetically when there was a perfectly correct english equivalent (Kurimu=Crim and so on).

Yeah, using "Arucard" is just stupid, especially when you consider the rich history of the name "Alucard"--to name just two instances, it was the name of the vampire in the 1943 Lon Chaney movie Son of Dracula and the vampire hero character in Castlevania III. Not to mention it's, you know, spoiler[just Dracula spelled backwards].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
When should we expect the winners to be announced?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Yeah, using "Arucard" is just stupid, especially when you consider the rich history of the name "Alucard"--to name just two instances, it was the name of the vampire in the 1943 Lon Chaney movie Son of Dracula and the vampire hero character in Castlevania III. Not to mention it's, you know, spoiler[just Dracula spelled backwards].

Not only that in the anime they make reference to Alucard spoiler[as being part of a royal bloodline of vampire.....Dracula was the King....that would make Alucard a prince and a king eventually....well if his dad died] But in end as long as quality stay up on this OVA that all I care about.
RanChan03

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
YAY i won Smile
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
Cool. I won too. Now I have a standard edition which I won and a limited edition that I bought. My collection is complete~! =D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2