• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
eaglesdome810 wrote:
This is just a side question. Where can I find chapter 51 of Usagi drop(If its been released) Can someone put a link or something. I kinda wanna see this epic end scenario I've heard about. Sad

Requests for scanlations are explicitly not allowed per forum rules. Any attempt to actually answer this request will be deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote
eaglesdome810 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
I imagine it's because none of the reviewers watched all of the first season.
Can't blame them...became difficult to watch during the middle of the first season. Shocked beyond belief it gets another go. - -"

Its based on a popular Shonen Jump manga, and has plenty of material to cover and sold well enough, and also gave the manga a big boost in volume sales.

Its not too surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a few of these 24 episode series to avoid fillers.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:37 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Considering the first episode of Season 2 animated the very first chapter of the manga (which just goes to show what a mess the first season was) that really shouldn't be an issue at all.

Mark my words, the jump in quality Mago S1 > S2 is going to be totally worthy of an Most Improved Player award! The jump in the manga is significant enough (sorta like Kenshin when it hit its Kyoto Arc) and than you have how much better handled this season is.. new director and writer, actual effort and much better pacing, no filler scenes based on an unpopular character (lol Kana)
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:09 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Considering the first episode of Season 2 animated the very first chapter of the manga (which just goes to show what a mess the first season was) that really shouldn't be an issue at all.

I actually did watch the first episode of season 2, but I couldn't review it because I hadn't watched all of season 1. I thought it was kind of fun, really - the scenes of spoiler[the hero physically beating all of the yokai up] were great, particularly spoiler[the toilet one.] (What can I say, I was hanging out with my ten year old cousin.) I liked it better than a lot of the stuff I did review, and apart from my apparently totally bizarre enjoyment of Blood-C - and I will freely admit that I might have been having some sort of, I don't know, Good Judgement Seizure, when I watched it - I'd put Nura on the "go for it" list.

The ending theme also really tickled me, but given that I've been singing the YuruYuri opening song under my breath for a week now, that might not be saying much. Wink
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
To those who've not watched Blood-C episode 2 be aware: it follows the same pattern as episode one to almost a tee. If you did not like the first episode this one will do little to change your mind. We even get the sing-along (though through a twist of fate it's about laundry this time instead of breakfast! Laughing) But that's not all folks! Oh no, we even get another very extended scene of Saya being distracted by a puppy! It doesn't get more riveting than this folks! Razz spoiler[Though I must admit the fight scene at the end was as awesome as it was last time.]
Anymouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I would have to say that No. 6 has an absolutely wonderful OP. The show seems to be on the level of something like Ghost in the Shell.
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
eaglesdome810 wrote:
This is just a side question. Where can I find chapter 51 of Usagi drop(If its been released) Can someone put a link or something. I kinda wanna see this epic end scenario I've heard about. Sad

Requests for scanlations are explicitly not allowed per forum rules. Any attempt to actually answer this request will be deleted.
*Devastated* Sad
Anymouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Goop through Google, that is the only choice. I have no desire to find out the spoilers myself.
bojak90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Watched the second episode of penguin drum...I'm not sure I'll still like it by the time the show ends but right now I'm loving how balls out crazy it is (though I didn't find the penguins getting upskirt shots all that funny). The opening and ending are also kinda catchy.

Really though, I want to get my friends together and then record their reaction to the first time the "Survival Strategy" sequence shows up (It would be priceless).
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo Dong wrote:
Is it really that titillating watching women track each other down just to steal their boobs?

Preliminary excitement regarding this title amongst a special-interest forum would suggest so.
Quote:
Though in all my years of perusing the Internet, I suppose stranger fetishes have come to light.

You are correct.
Quote:
It's useless as wank material for obvious censorship reasons

For those interested, rumour has it that an uncensored version will air on the 25th.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
"Though in all my years of perusing the Internet, I suppose stranger fetishes have come to light."

Liking big boobs is hardly a strange fetish.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
"Though in all my years of perusing the Internet, I suppose stranger fetishes have come to light."

actually it's the opposite now, it's liking dfc or "delicious flat chest" but eh .. ahem moving on

I think summer has some gems despite there being some rather shitty shows. Even mayo chiki picked up around ep 2 and is going to be a little more of romance comedy. At this time very few of the shows that are legally being streamed are worth it...
captainbanana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
No. 6 went completely south for me in episode 2. They went from an interesting premise, to really wonk sci-fi in the span of twenty minutes. If you are looking forward to the relationship between the two characters, that would be the only reason to stick around. If not, Ergo Proxy did it better years ago (not that Ergo Proxy invented the whole "Totalitarian society living in a bubble, while the outside world goes to hell" story)

Mawaru Penguindrum episode 2 lived up to the promise of the first episode though. It may have been a little indulgent to air the entire transformation scene again (basically), but as long as they don't make that a regular occurrence, I'm fine with where they are headed. Two words though: More Himari (non-hat form)

The second episode of Usagi Drop cemented the notion that I can't watch it, knowing the ending. I just can't. It's ruined for me.
lelliel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

I think you're missing the point since this is the sentence before that one:

Bamboo Dong wrote:
Is it really that titillating watching women track each other down just to steal their boobs?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
It's useless as wank material for obvious censorship reasons

For those interested, rumour has it that an uncensored version will air on the 25th.

On one hand, there is a spirit of morbid, perverse curiosity in me that wants to see this, on the other hand, I don't want to feel like I have to apologize personally to every woman I meet or perhaps just castrate myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 30