• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dance with Devils (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote

Dance with Devils (TV)

Genres: romance, supernatural
Themes: demons, reverse harem

Plot Summary: Ritsuka Tachibana is a female second-year high school student who attends Shiko Academy in Shiko Town. She enjoyed her school life while living with her mother Maria, but one day, that balance fell into ruin when she discovers several of her attractive, male classmate are demons.
----------------------------------

The latest preview came out today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlypWQna4cQ&feature=youtu.be

It looks like we'll get to see some demons this year and in the appealing looking kind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:57 am Reply with quote
This reminds me of Diabolik Lovers, just with "vampires" switched for "demons". The poster image doesn't quite get across the same level of abusiveness as Diabolik Lovers, but the guys here seem like they are just one step short of the physical manipulation shown there.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
So episode is out and apparently, we got some weird guys with strange powers. The music imo was actually impressive but the story feels confusing and flat. Even though it's the first episode, I think too much happened so far.

Maybe we'll learn more about the other guys in the future...
Yeah, this also reminds me of Diabolik Lovers too but without the biting part and is a full 24 minutes rather than half.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
The OP really threw me for a loop, because the English narration (with no Japanese subs) sounded exactly like Brandon Potter (it's actually someone named Daniel Duncan Akira). I thought Funi was doing a Space Dandy-esque simuldub or something. Smile

My other main take-away was a sense of relief that there were only 4 guys in the Student Council. Somehow I was expecting 6 or more, which is too taxing for my memory to retain.

Was the mark on their gateframe for protection or to mark the house as where she lived? Since they seemed to target it for destruction, I'm guessing the former?

It appears to me that the ED gives away a major plot point in that spoiler[the dog seems to be a familiar, as well as one of the intruders that was wrecking the house, so I guess Rem put them up to it to gain her trust. Lol at a pommie familiar.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I could not stand Diabolic Lovers, it was like as torturous for what the boys did to that girl that was pushed around. This is a lot like Diabolic Lovers, but the first episode almost certainly sold it. This was a musical, a musical anime. It is kind of silly, but going along with a reverse harem cast. The guys are kind of dangerous like a certain group of vampires, but their introduction of some Broadway like musical, silly, but delicious.

It was surprisingly Disney like, the first song with the darker tone made me think of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the second I might say makes me think a bit of Beauty and the Beast (although I have not watched that since I was a child), and the third..... I have nothing but it was great still. And now I got distracted by looking up pictures of Gaston, this has been a very confusing afternoon for me. Okay, I need to focus.

Story is a bit flimsy so far, I am not a fan of sadistic or yandere in reverse harems, but I am actually interested.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
Very mysterious episode start.
It got me intrigued!
I see it got compared to Diabolik Lovers, but this seems to be better.
I acutally like the singing parts.
They set that Phantom of the Opera mood.
So far, very interesting!
Will be watching it.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
This show made me burst out in laughter in its first 20 seconds.

Like Osamatsu-san: I don't care if the rest of the show may be garbage, these first episodes were worth the watch just on their own.

Haven't seen a Disney devil anime before.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Ritsuka at the mercy of student council president.
Those other council members sure were flocking around her.
She still isn't aware of the dangers that surround her.
Rem is obviously using her to get the grimoire for himself.
Things got pretty interesting towards the episode end.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Only one song in the episode, not counting OP and ED.

Cute Pomeranian, although every time I see one I think of vampires from Blade Trinity.

Likely unintentional, but I let out a laugh to see how that one council member was posing with a rose. Who does that?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Ritsuka sure is popular with the student council..
Don't think she'd be as polite if she knew their true agenda.
She's slowly being drawn into their world..
So they're trying to seduce her to get what they want.
At least she got to glipse what's beyond the veil of her version of truth.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Well at least she should know that the rose Urie is not a good guy. Hopefully she should be able to now understand her brother a bit, and or he might explain some things to her. It got a bit Silent Hill there with the amusement park.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Likely unintentional, but I let out a laugh to see how that one council member was posing with a rose. Who does that?

That's tame compared to Rem, who can't walk through a door without throwing it open dramatically and then posing with his arm thrust out, as if waiting for the applause to die down. Hell, he does that even when there's no door to throw open! Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:08 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
That's tame compared to Rem, who can't walk through a door without throwing it open dramatically and then posing with his arm thrust out, as if waiting for the applause to die down. Hell, he does that even when there's no door to throw open! Laughing

I did notice that too. But really we need a bit ham in these kind of stories.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I did notice that too. But really we need a bit ham in these kind of stories.

Try listening to his character song. It is the most chuuni thing ever. Laughing (Though understanding Japanese is required, I don't think anyone's translated it into English yet.)

...Okay, he didn't call himself "the prince of despair" in English in that one, so maybe it's still his episode 2 song that's the most chuuni.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Ritsuka & her big bro.
Flashback to their childhood was nice.
So big bro finally spilled the beans about everything.
The truth about her student council saviours came into the light.
Ritsuka is totally in denial about Rem..]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3