• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dance with Devils (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking Lindo's going to turn out to be evil in the end about half-way through this, and the ending line kind of suggests that's going to be the case. Although right now it's looking like maybe things will be a bit more complicated than just duplicity, at least for Lindo and Rem.

I was hoping for more of the duet, but Lindo's solo was ok.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Did she just seriously sneak out when it was increasingly obvious there was something dangerous? Well at the same time putting locks on the outside was dumb in obviously making her feel like a prisoner, which would make someone want to escape.

Well not too bad that she does not want to be really passive in this situation and wants to know what is going on, but hopefully she knows those guys are people she should not drop her guard around. And if Rem really wants to do good things, he should make it more obvious that he does not agree with what the others are doing to her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Laughing That song was fantastic. There was this specifically great moment during the ridiculously cheesy song where they are in a car and Ritsuka gives a look at Mage that says "What the hell are you doing". Well maybe not intentional, but the hilariously over the top "I am awesome" thing is kind of why I have a soft spot for this type of show. And was actually done rather well when he apparently had a character change when he drank her tears. Damn it, made me hate him before thinking that I want to see more after seeing him blushing.

Also Lindo still wearing that horrible shirt at school, I hope it is intentional at just going with how silly it is, as was the cruel guy filling a teddy bear with the dog's fur as it comically bites his head.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6: *Sigh* When I was a kid, I caught a glimpse of Escaflone on TV and immediately fell in love with a beautiful attribute: BOYS WITH WINGS! Yet, Shiki didn't do it for me. Maybe I grew out of it. Or maybe he's just too dang creepy! because that kid is freakin' creepy with a capital "C"! What a sadist! (As usual, the episode and the song was (unintentionally?) hilarious!)
Since this is my first time posting in this threat, I gotta share the nickname I came up with for Rem: Resting Bitch Face. I *hate* that term when it's used to describe human women, but for emo, devilish anime boys with a constant look of disgust on their faces? It fits perfectly! Maybe anyone would have a Resting Bitch Face if they had the pressure and expectations on them that Rem has. Does that boy ever smile?

So this week's confirmations: brother Lindo is really Cousin Lindo, and Azuna is indeed an exorcist who had ulterior motives for hanging out with Ritsuka. Poor Ritsuka!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
So this week's confirmations: brother Lindo is really Cousin Lindo, and Azuna is indeed an exorcist who had ulterior motives for hanging out with Ritsuka. Poor Ritsuka!

So not a crime by Japan's standards, right? I think there might be more too, one could guess that the man she saw with her aunt may have been Lindo's father. The look of the guy makes me think that it might either make Lindo half Demon or Vampire, which might explain some of his dark side. For a unlikely event going off the white hair I might put forward the theory that if Demon he might be related to Rem.

Also I am kind of with you in terms of the wings. They had been kind of building them up all episode, but when they showed them it just felt kind of meh. From my own experience I think some cool angel wings can really add to a moment, off the top of my head in terms of live action I can think of Gabriel in Constantine and Castiel in Supernatural.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I can only think of anime guys (and girls) with wings, but usually they look really cool!

Hmm...maybe Rem and Lindo are half brothers! That would be a great twist!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I gotta share the nickname I came up with for Rem: Resting Bitch Face.

Omg, that is exactly what I was thinking when he was walking down the hall toward her! I'm so glad you mentioned it. Very Happy

I'm still not sure Lindo is even Lindo. It looked like he was dying in the bed with his mother. oO

No double entendres at the end of this week's song, nope, uh uh. Shocked
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Rem is obvioulsy having some feelings towards Ritsuka.
Shiki lacks tact and is probably the weirdest of the bunch.
Looks like a peek into the past shook her up.
Azuna is an exorcist too.
No wonder Ritsuka feels so alone..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Laughing That song! Laughing There was a Latin chanting like chorus of Pomeranians. All seriousness is removed when you give the job Pomeranians, that is like J-pop singing pugs.

So we got a look at Rem's father. Anyone able to compare what he looks like compared to the man she saw with her aunt for the theory that Rem and Lindo are half brothers?

Also, her supposed allies are really bad at convincing her not to run off with the forces of darkness. It really feels like a situation it would be best for her to know rather than have her find out from the dark side.

I am disappointed that the previously adorable Loewin is a bad boy. Although the licking scene was worth some enjoyment.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
Pom-Pom-Pom-Pomeranians! Pomeranians being spooky, scary and mysterious! Pomerianians acting sexy! A Pomeranian chorus singing in Latin!

If this episode was only about the little doggy and the boy he shapeshifts into it would have been perfect(ly giggle worthy), but it had more! It had Rem being abused by his father, finally making me feel a little sympathy for *why* he has a resting bitch face! It has answers about the grimoire (ugh, why couldn't it just be a thing *in* her body, like so many other anime? Although that's problematic, too. Whatever) It had Lindo letting his true colors shine through, which added to a decent fight scene in which Ritsuka gets pawed and scratched and poor Rem gets even more scratched up. What is with this show and guys with super sharp, long fingernails? Both Pommy boy and Evil!Lindo had them. I think this has been the best episode so far.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[No unsupervised time for Ritsuka..
School festival time!
That party sure was interesting.
Rem & Ritsuka keep being pulled together.
Coincidence or not, who knows.
They do make a nice couple though.
Due to vampire circumstances Azuna left us for good..]
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
This week I started giggling when the rainbow appeared. Then they added a unicorn and a golden retriever and I really lost it!
On the other side of the coin, I can barely believe they had the guts to kill off Azuna. I'm actually going to miss the only other female character on the show!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, I wonder who could possibly be crowned king and queen? What a surprise it was the heroine and the main male character.

Agent355 wrote:
This week I started giggling when the rainbow appeared. Then they added a unicorn and a golden retriever and I really lost it!

Who wouldn't, it was hilarious with how corny and odd it was. I would like to believe that this show knows what it is doing when it does things like the Pomeranian chorus and Ritsuka confused face during the Mage song. Also because it seemed so un-Rem like.

Agent355 wrote:
On the other side of the coin, I can barely believe they had the guts to kill off Azuna. I'm actually going to miss the only other female character on the show!

Wow that actually shocked me, it feels like it is outside the genre. And even though not taking it too seriously, I will admit I got a little emotional myself.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I have a sneaking suspicion that she's not even merely dead, nor really most sincerely dead. Because magic and grimoire power.

Besides, you can't have girls dying in the same series with unicorns, golden labs and singing pomeranians. Which is to say, I'll be impressed if she stays dead.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Ritsuka torn about Azuna.
Well, that was to be expected.
He bro is under a considering amount of pressure too..
Exorcist society took matters into their own hands.
Lindo's real past finally revealed.
Oh wow, now they're cousins & he's in love with her O.O
Well... Rem is not gonna give up easily.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3