• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
God Eater Episode 9 Listed as Final TV Episode Next Sunday

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
And yet still no version of "God and Man"....
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
well... for those who were enjoying watching this series.. i guess picking up the PS4 game when it's out is the next thing to do then
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Well this is disappointing. Guess I really do need to finish Burst and see how this all concludes for myself (minus Lenka being in it of course).
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
My guess is these delays are directly attributable to UBW airing at the same time. FS/N was given ultimate priority, and so staff were pulled off God Eater to make sure UBW aired at all costs.

They weren't airing at the same time, but they definitely did have their hands full with UBW right up until the finale, and then God Eater was supposed to start the week after before they delayed the premiere, which clearly wasn't ready on-time. Wouldn't be surprising if, as you say, they had very few people working on God Eater concurrently with UBW, which was their top priority at the time.

They bit off a more than they could chew going immediately from one high-profile show into another with no break in-between. It might have been better if they'd taken a season off and premiered God Eater in the fall, though that decision may not have been up to them.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
"Is this studio nightmare almost over? Please let it be over already!"

And to add insult to injury, I don't think its expected to do very well when it hits blu-ray! Man, as much as I would like to get back to watching the show (dropped off around episode 3 for whatever reason-- maybe because I didn't want to get too attached to a show with this many delays), I'd rather that they had focused on the HF film(s) ahead of anything God Eater. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
"Is this studio nightmare almost over? Please let it be over already!"

And to add insult to injury, I don't think its expected to do very well when it hits blu-ray! Man, as much as I would like to get back to watching the show (dropped off around episode 3 for whatever reason-- maybe because I didn't want to get too attached to a show with this many delays), I'd rather that they had focused on the HF film(s) ahead of anything God Eater. Razz

That's about where I dropped off. For the same reason. I enjoyed it, but I wanted to see if we were actually going to get it all.
And yes, please! Just take a year+ off from anything else and put that time into the HF movies.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
And yes, please! Just take a year+ off from anything else and put that time into the HF movies.

Well, that's already not happening. They've got both a Tales anime coming early next year as well as cutscene/OP work for Tales of Berseria.

Oh, and let's not forget Girl's Work Wink
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah geeze.
lemurs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
What a trainwreck this has been, starting with their inability to get episode 1 out on schedule. It'd be upsetting if it were a better show, but what there was between delays seemed a bit "meh" to me. So I won't particularly regret not seeing how it wraps up.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I ended up putting this show on the back burner right off the bat, when the first episode was delayed. And, I continued to wait, to see how things would go...and there have been plenty of delays for this one.

Knowing that we're still a ways off the end being released, I'll just watch other anime I've been planning on checking out.

As for the ending not being televised during this cour, I'm sure that no one is surprised.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Well, that's already not happening. They've got both a Tales anime coming early next year as well as cutscene/OP work for Tales of Berseria.

Oh, and let's not forget Girl's Work Wink

Crying or Very sad And that means that HF is still a long long ways off.

Oh yeah, Girl's Work... haha ha. Because that is still happening. Laughing
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
well... for those who were enjoying watching this series.. i guess picking up the PS4 game when it's out is the next thing to do then

It's like what happened with .hack//Roots!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
Delays and they have this many episodes. Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if it was executive meddling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2