• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / AEsir Holdings / ADV Films Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 am Reply with quote
It did occur to me that that might be what's happening with Space Brothers right after I bought all the season sets. And/or doing an English dub... and Space Brothers is one of few shows I'd like a dub- because I like listening to an English Dub when characters are supposed to be speaking English... or hear Russian when they're supposed to be speaking Russian.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when a complete collection of Patlabor was coming. Doesn't help me though, since I bought the series in those half sets years ago.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I also have all of the individual Patlabor sets. They only take up four and a half inches of shelf space so this is unlikely to save there. There doesn't seem to be anything included that wasn't in the individual sets. Certainly not enough to double dip.

I wonder who they expect to sell this to? Most of the fans will have already bought the series.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Armed Girl's Machiavellism BD LE

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/products/armed-girls-machiavellism-premium-box-set (was August 21, 2018)

IMPORTANT NOTICE! (Effective 08/20/18)
*Due to unexpected delays, the street date for this item has been pushed back to September 4, 2018. We apologize for the inconvenience, rest assured, we are working on getting the highest quality box sets out as soon as possible. For additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI (specs subject to change):

Maiden Japan

Den-noh Coil: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $89.98 - 12/4/18
- https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ete-collection
Quote:
Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Space Runaway Ideon (TV + Movies): Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 1158 minutes - $49.98 - 12/11/18
- https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...-collection-sd
Quote:
Japanese with English subtitles

Special Features: Japanese Promos; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Xabungle (TV + Movie): Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 1334 minutes - $49.98 - 12/18/18
- https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...-collection-sd
Quote:

Special Features: Japanese Promos; Japanese Movie Promo; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Sentai Filmworks

Akame ga Kill!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) 600 minutes - $89.98 - 12/4/18
Quote:
Special Features: AkaKill! Theater; Japanese Promos; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

DIVE!!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 12/11/18
Quote:

Princess Tutu: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $69.98 - 12/11/18
Quote:
Special Features: Voice Actor, Translator & Staff Commentaries; Outtakes; Etude; Ballet fo Beginners; In the Studio; Japanese Pre-Production Promotional Video; Chapter of the Egg Suite; Mr. Cat's Love Lesson; Vorfinale; The Path to Tutu; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

TAKUNOMI: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 150 minutes - $49.98 - 12/18/18
Quote:

Clipped via PR...
Quote:
Title: AKAME GA KILL COMPLETE BLU-RAY
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 600 min.
Street Date: 12/4/2018
Format: BD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $89.98

Title: CORPSE PRISON 2 BLU-RAY
Published by: Switchblade Pictures
Run Time: 95 min.
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $19.98

Title: DEN-NOH COIL COMPLETE BLU-RAY
Published by: Maiden Japan
Run Time: 650 min.
SRP: $89.98

Title: DIVE!! BLU-RAY
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 12/11/2018
SRP: $59.98

Title: PRINCESS TUTU COMPLETE BLU-RAY
Run Time: 650 min.
SRP: $69.98
Title: SPACE RUNAWAY IDEON BLU-RAY
Run Time: 1158 min.
SRP: $49.98

Title: XABUNGLE BLU-RAY
Run Time: 1334 min.
Street Date: 12/18/2018

Title: TAKUNOMI BLU-RAY
Run Time: 150 min.
Street Date: 12/18/2018
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Princess Tutu! On bluray? FINALLY! And it looks like it's not just the SDBD either, I do believe I will be double dipping in the near future! Looks like they also kept most all of those awesome extras!

Also interested in Dennoh Coil (or more specifically, how the half sets will be dirt cheap during a future sale), and because I'm into old school mecha, Space Runaway Ideon and Xabungle as well (and $50 a set? Pretty damn cheap! Long live the SDBD format, in this case!)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Xabungle looks tempting to snag. $33 for the whole series and movie via Rightstuf's a steal for a 25-plus year old series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Drats, no more GARO yet. I'm waiting for the 2nd movie to be solicited.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see more SD on BD. Hopefully we get some reviews of these, I'd be interested to see how they hold up.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:40 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Nice to see more SD on BD. Hopefully we get some reviews of these, I'd be interested to see how they hold up.

*sees total minutes on Xabungle*

Didn't notice that until you made mention of it, and guess explains the low cost of the set. Looks like the SD Blu-Ray release model started by Discotek's starting to catch on with other distributors.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I also have all of the individual Patlabor sets. They only take up four and a half inches of shelf space so this is unlikely to save there. There doesn't seem to be anything included that wasn't in the individual sets. Certainly not enough to double dip.

I wonder who they expect to sell this to? Most of the fans will have already bought the series.

Two reasons for a Full series release

1) Maiden Japan is about to lose their license; they seem to collect shows into full series releases some time just before they go out of print; there's at least 2 other Sentai shows I want to get the full series releases of... I'd get the previous set/print-run releases only if they're cheaper/on remainder to save money.
2) They want to sell to people like me who WANT to save money AND get the whole series on Blu ray.
3) Oh, a full series release WILL take up less shelf space! It's incredible how tight some of these BD cases can be. A 6-8 disc case doesn't take up much space anymore. It's like it was on DVD 12 years ago!

So yeah, I'm in the market to get Patlabor myself.
I might pre-order this weekend to lock in the price.

Geeze, there's a lot of good series being relicensed or repackaged for good deals lately!
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:46 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
Two reasons for a Full series release

1) Maiden Japan is about to lose their license; they seem to collect shows into full series releases some time just before they go out of print; there's at least 2 other Sentai shows I want to get the full series releases of... I'd get the previous set/print-run releases only if they're cheaper/on remainder to save money.
2) They want to sell to people like me who WANT to save money AND get the whole series on Blu ray.
3) Oh, a full series release WILL take up less shelf space! It's incredible how tight some of these BD cases can be. A 6-8 disc case doesn't take up much space anymore. It's like it was on DVD 12 years ago!

4) Newly-authored discs (confirmed), the previous releases of the TV series had subtitle glitches on some episodes in each set from signs showing too early (episode 1), a complete white screen for a few seconds unless the subs were turned off (episode 23), the wrong sub track turned on in later episodes on a disc (episodes 35 & 36) and full sentences quickly disappearing (episode 38).

The TV series and first OVA were released back when DLW (David Williams if unfamiliar) was doing the Blu-ray authoring and while this was one of the few Section23 releases to not have video problems under him (as there were a lot of botched Sentai/Maiden Japan releases at that time, mostly video-related), the subtitle problems were unacceptable so it's good to see their current authoring guy go back to this franchise (he did work on New Files and the movies which were fine) and fix those issues.

Quote:
So yeah, I'm in the market to get Patlabor myself.
I might pre-order this weekend to lock in the price.

I'll be double-dipping on Patlabor myself though I do wonder how it will be packaged because this set will have 15 discs and other than with DVD (see Paramount's recent South Park 5-season sets), I have yet to see a Blu-ray sized case which can fit that many discs.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
Since this has been reauthored, it appears there is a valid reason to double dip (actually triple dip as I had the prior DVDs). Thanks for the information.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I guess if those Patlabor sets are getting reauthored I'll probably have to pick them up at some point (as long as they're done well).
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Princess Principal BD LE: https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/princess-principal-premium-box-set (was 9/25/18)

IMPORTANT NOTICE! (Effective 09/11/18)
Due to unexpected delays, the street date for this item has been updated to Tuesday, November 13, 2018. We apologize for the inconvenience, rest assured, we are working on getting the highest quality box sets out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. For additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 31