• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Gets 4th Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news! Love the series, can't wait for Sentai to get this and release the season 2 and 3 dubs and blurays.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Of course, there's the issue that many are based on pre-existing manga...but...
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Pretty much everything that has been confirmed for 2016 so far aside from that obscure Mirai Arise thing Sunrise has been working on are all pre-established things in their 3rd and in some cases 4th or even 5th plus iterations and in some cases that have been around for decades.

Confirmed for 2016 that aren't sequels - Ajin: Demi Human (which is getting a TV anime and movies), Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Dimension W, HaruChika, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!, and I'm sure there's more...but those are ones coming out in January that I've made a note of, as they hold some of my interest.

I do have a longer list, of anime that don't have a confirmed time of release in 2016, but I'm unsure if there are any that are anime original.

And this is what I assume is your biggest gripe. Recent examples beingCharlotte and Classroom Crisis, anime that are not adaptions taken from a manga/game/novel.

On topic, I've been meaning to check the Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya series out. I know that it is not like the Fate/ series I've seen in the past, but I do want to see if I like it. And now that it's getting another season, I better hurry up and see if I enjoy it...as I'd have some catching up to do if I like it. Laughing
kotelo_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
About time.

Gamlin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
About time! Shiro is gonna steal Ilya's thunder in this season!
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
I am wondering how they will continue from the ending they have now, especially concerning Shota Gil considering *spoilers for the manga* spoiler[as people have previously stated they went straight into the sequel from the final battle and Shota Gil was confirmed to still be alive when the nice evil ladies from the ending came to bring Miyu back to their original dimension and plays a rather large role in the story still I dunno maybe he'll just sorta show up]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
I do have a longer list, of anime that don't have a confirmed time of release in 2016, but I'm unsure if there are any that are anime original.

And this is what I assume is your biggest gripe. Recent examples beingCharlotte and Classroom Crisis, anime that are not adaptions taken from a manga/game/novel.

And just because something is original doesn't guarantee it being great. I thought we were over with the "baaawww anime dead!" nonsense; you have FORTY TV series every three months, just pick something. And if a current season isn't good, after you've actually given an effort to find something to like, then in another three months you get another new slew of material. Or, if you don't mind being a bit behind and prefer to marathon, just watch what people considered to be good at the end of seasons.

Also, Fall season has Valkyrie Drive as an original anime. It's not going be the overwhelming majority of peoples cup of tea, but it demonstrates the point that original≠creative/smart/new/risk taking/etc.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:37 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Also, Fall season has Valkyrie Drive as an original anime. It's not going be the overwhelming majority of peoples cup of tea, but it demonstrates the point that original≠creative/smart/new/risk taking/etc.

For autumn, these could also be added.

-Comet Lucifer
-Concrete Revolutio
-Dance with Devils
-Kowabon
-Anitore! EX
-JK Meshi
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Plasmaeclipse wrote:
I am wondering how they will continue from the ending they have now, especially concerning Shota Gil considering *spoilers for the manga* spoiler[as people have previously stated they went straight into the sequel from the final battle and Shota Gil was confirmed to still be alive when the nice evil ladies from the ending came to bring Miyu back to their original dimension and plays a rather large role in the story still I dunno maybe he'll just sorta show up]

spoiler["Never found the body" they can just say the explosion just knocked him a couple towns over after the end of the fight.]
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I thought we were over with the "baaawww anime dead!" nonsense

Don't think that kind of comment will ever die off. I see it all the time when it comes to Hollywood and U.S. comic books.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

Don't think that kind of comment will ever die off. I see it all the time when it comes to Hollywood and U.S. comic books.

Well US comics are just zombie franchises that on a rare moon get an actual decent writer.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
3rd season was easily the worst of them all. Of course all the damn fillers made things drag but the main conflict that was our reward for surviving over half of a season of "NOTHING" wasn't worth the time. They've built up the mystery behind Miyu since the beginning of the series. I honestly stopped caring about it after so long.

Next season seems like it could be pretty good since I scoped out the manga a little but it still has some pitfalls that the series can't seem to aviod (characters with over the top personalities to offset the fact there actually isn't any depth to them, some rather poorly explained deus ex's and Miyu being the damsel in distress. Though that last part is due to the fact she's one of the only likable characters to me).
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Gamlin wrote:

You want main character of the main series to steal the spotlight of another character's own spinoff series? Why the heck do you want that? Confused
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Gamlin wrote:

You want main character of the main series to steal the spotlight of another character's own spinoff series? Why the heck do you want that? Confused

Well, there were some people out there that were upset that Haruhi didn't take over the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan anime...Laughing

FenixFiesta wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Well US comics are just zombie franchises that on a rare moon get an actual decent writer.

Laughing Can't argue against that, when it comes to Marvel and DC. Though, I'm enjoying a lot of what other companies are putting out, the majority being creator owned properties.

Anyway, I wonder when the new season for Fate/kaleid will start. Just so I know when I should get around to checking out the previous seasons!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

Well, there were some people out there that were upset that Haruhi didn't take over the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan anime...Laughing

Indeed! Surprised

It's just an annoying mindset for fans of the original wanting the original MCs hijacking a spinoff character's show. Let the spinoff and the character it's based on be their own thing!
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:05 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Yuri sells

3Rei isn't going to focus on the fanservice or SOL elements, like at all. It's the most action packed series of Prisma Illya.

afraid your wrong about that. alongs as their hardcore magical girl otakus out there, there is definitely gonna have some yuri fanservice aspect unless illya finally confesses her true feelings for shiro in the new season and he returns the feelings in kind.

unfortunately that's not gonna happen cause unfortunately people arent too keen on the whole brother/sister thing outside the otaku community & R-18 doujin fans,even though their stepsiblings.

the other thing is that ever since nanoha's debut and the premiere of madoka magica, the majority of magical girl series lately always have some kind of yuri fanservice aspect in it so it can be popular outside of its fanbase.

its like the other guy said. like it or not, loli yuri fanservice sells and sells hard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2