• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri.'s Trailer, 2nd Teaser Reveal Voices

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
Nice, a new Digimon update, can't wait to see this. I think the voices are alright.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gtmvanity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
Same of what we've seen (Mostly) just with the voices but yeah they seem pretty satisfactory enough.
Goku1085

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
Can someone please translate me Kari and TK's line on the trailer?
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
I really hope that this gets a dub and that they are able to get back the original voice actors, i know the person who does Izzy voice is still dubbing since i heard them on Bdaman Crossfire and other roles that i cant think of at the moment
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
I really hope that this gets a dub and that they are able to get back the original voice actors, i know the person who does Izzy voice is still dubbing since i heard them on Bdaman Crossfire and other roles that i can't think of at the moment

If this is dubbed it'll likely be done by Nickelodeon, who will butcher it for their children audience.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
I really hope that this gets a dub and that they are able to get back the original voice actors, i know the person who does Izzy voice is still dubbing since i heard them on Bdaman Crossfire and other roles that i can't think of at the moment

If this is dubbed it'll likely be done by Nickelodeon, who will butcher it for their children audience.

Why would it be Nick? It would Saban Brands if anything mostly likely done by Studioplis.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Goku1085 wrote:

"hoho, so Takeru popular with girls"
"I-it's not like that, she is just a friend.."

I assume the girl is the glasses one we saw in previous trailer

smokeyjoey8 wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Why would this targeted to children? This movie will not attract new fans because of the settings, all chosen child become grown up. and this movie was targeted to teens and adults who familiar with Digimon Adventure
Geninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Goku1085 wrote:

"hoho, so Takeru popular with girls"
"I-it's not like that, she is just a friend.."

I assume the girl is the glasses one we saw in previous trailer

Nah because the tease for Takeru is he's popular with a lot of girls in school. Besides the girl with glasses is in HS with all the others. The only two in MS are Takeru and Hikari.

This trailer was pretty telling.

We got two ships teased, "Koumi" and "Takari"
Taichi and Yamato arguing
Sora calling Taichi
Infected Digimon.
Alphamon and Omegamon fighting.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
So, big question of the day: are Digimon fans out there still pissing and moaning over the human character designs for this?

smokeyjoey8 wrote:

Nick has been cutting anime from their lineup for a long time, so I sincerely doubt that. That's a really baseless claim you're making, by the way.
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Their voices suit them perfectly!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
So, big question of the day: are Digimon fans out there still pissing and moaning over the human character designs for this?

I was never pissed about the designs. At 28, I'm glad the animators made the decision to give the characters a different art style. Less kiddish, if you will. Plus, I get a serious sense from watching the trailers, making the characters seem more mature.
Zellion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I could care less about the art. I just find it so nostalgic having the originals back, it's also the only seasons I watched... Maybe we'll see Takeru and Hikari have their Digimon go Mega.

Also, does anyone think this story will link to the ending of Season 2? Or will they try to retcon it in some way.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
I was never pissed about the designs. At 28, I'm glad the animators made the decision to give the characters a different art style. Less kiddish, if you will. Plus, I get a serious sense from watching the trailers, making the characters seem more mature.

I wasn't referring to anyone here. When I said "out there", I meant on things like Digimon fan sites, tumblr and stuff like that. Folks here have approached the new looks with a better level of maturity than the crazies who think they're saving the day by doing stuff like photoshopping the old art style on top of the new one.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Mona Marshall? She's still active iirc. She's doing Doraemon at the moment. The only tricky one might be Joe's VA as he's been retired for a few years. Everyone else is MOSTLY still active though.

belvadeer wrote:

I still don't like the designs per say but they look A LOT better in movement than they do in the art.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Still can't believe Tri is after 02. 02 showed their futures and that was the end. Now we know who Sora was talking to Yamato from the previous trailer. Crying or Very sad You had the opportunity to go with an alternate reality after 01(because that is canon in the Digimon universe). Now we just have to wait and see how the 01 children become irrelevant again just so the 02 kids can take the spotlight. The staff involved with 01 and 02 aren't involved with Tri. You had one job.

Zellion wrote:
Also, does anyone think this story will link to the ending of Season 2? Or will they try to retcon it in some way.

It was confirmed last week on the Digimon Tri site in the story update that Tri is set 6 years after 01 and 3 years after 02(You see Sora and Yamato in the trailer together).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3