• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation has Not Licensed Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
LAME !!! then the live action movie came out so many year's ago in Europe already i was hoping to get this movie ... and now it turns out it was only the live action movie that already came out everywhere else year's before the U.S got it.
And i still didn't think the live action was that amazing at that i hated how the Gamilions turned out most of all they weren't even human like in it and Lord Deslok was like my favourite charachter in the whole series so Confused
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
This is really odd considering the proper announcement of the live-action movie came a whole year-and-a-half after the Resurrection announcement.

And to top it off, FUNi reps at cons following the initial announcement talked about how they were trying to get both the theatrical and director's cuts, which only applies to Resurrection and not the live-action movie.
sdsichero
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to it.

After the botched execution of the 2199 series by Voyager, this was at least something.

Hey Funi, maybe make it up to us by doing the 2199 series right?
stararnold

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Just as I was hoping to get the movie on DVD, especially in the 2012 director's cut. Now my hopes are crushed. At least I got to see the film at the Fantasia 2010 event.

Hopefully, the U.S. live-action Star Blazers will be commercially successful in North America enough to lead to someone else stepping up to bring on R1 DVD, the Space Battleship Yamato anime that have not yet been brought in North American commercial distribution.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I personally happy that Funimation doesn't have the writes. Their bad in dubbing and translating shows. Yamato deserves better, i hated what Voyager Entertainment did to 2199 series. I'd rather pay the 60s bucks per alloted show for english subs which are dead on to the script than what they hacked up try drum up more business for people who not seen Star Blazers in nearly 30 years.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I personally happy that Funimation doesn't have the writes. Their bad in dubbing and translating shows.

The irony is strong with this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1