• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mr. Osomatsu (TV) (all seasons + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I'm not sure I even recognize the winner.

Hijirisawa Shounosuke first appeared in the "delivery skit" at the beginning of the second episode.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Ep 19

HAHA!!! It really did start off with "Hijirisawa Shounosuke san"!!! Not only that, they did it in the style of the first broadcast episode! Too bad it only lasted for like 30 seconds. Anime hyper

The period drama segment was pretty funny. Juushimatsu <3 Joshimatsu's novelty is starting to wear off. The last segment reminded me that I love Choromatsu too. X3 His preview narration was adorable!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
It was funny, a weird transition between feudal age with shinobis to free hugs/job hunting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote
I love how Shounosuke san parodied the beginning of the first episode, and immediately had a note saying it was cancelled, and that it was mostly because they could not come up with any more ideas for it. I choked on some water I was drinking.

Choromatsu is usually the straight man, but Osomatsu and Todomatsu definitely had the role in the last segment. Know what is really annoying? People who say ridiculous goals that they are going to do just to get what they expect of praise, and never follow through with it. I guess I can kind of understand it in that I recently broke away with it in having kept up new years resolutions of bettering myself. And just this week I have been having listen trying to say they are going to do something and my inner response kind of reached levels of want to scream at them to "just do it"! I will believe you are being healthier when you stop drinking a can of cola a day, so until then I don't want to hear it.

Also, Osomatsu and Todomatsu trying to force Choromatsu to go through with the hugs thing. And Karamatsu was apparently already trying to do it. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I thought I might throw it out, but who has a favourite Matsuno?

I think that my favourite is Karamatsu, he is just such a dag, but I can also sympathise with the wanting to be liked and perhaps a bit of inflated ego at times that I cannot help but like him.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I thought I might throw it out, but who has a favourite Matsuno?

Juushimatsu! Oh, my Juushimaaaaatsu!!!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20:

Iyami is such an underrated character imo, glad to see him talking the spotlight this week in that second segment. The first segment with the delinquents was also hilarious Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Was Jyuushimatsu's reaction to the kebabs a Snuffles reference?! Apparently Quick Draw McGraw was syndicated in Japan as "Hayauchi Mack," so...maybe? Shocked

I loved the delinquents sketch. Don't think I've ever heard such sounds coming out of Sakurai's mouth before! ;D
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 20

Is the implication of Hatabou's mystery meat have something to do with not being friends with his ex-employees? That he could not tell people what he was serving?

Delinquents was kind of crazy. The thing with delinquents who are not as tough as they should be is not new, but a delinquent getting in a fight with a pigeon of turf was funny. Plus fashion, and who is the toughest.

I don't quite think the comedian part was funny, but maybe that was part of the point of how hard it is to be funny by trying. The show seemed to use it instead as a chance to pretty much rip into itself, calling out all the problems with their characters, maybe what they had to go through in designing new versions and what still exists. They can't try too hard to go off used to being funny, copying other acts, trying to be to individualistic, too random, following the rules too much, or just throwing in cheap comments about something. Really the show could in all rights totally crash and it really also comes down to final presentation to sell it. And then there was small bit that it did some digs it the voice actors and assumptions that it might be easy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21:

This episode...awesome. Why? Because they made the game of mahjong thrilling with the timing, background atmosphere, and game play. The facial expression of the guys was also really funny.

Actually now that I think about it, this show can make any ordinary event, thing, etc into something more crazy than it should be LOL.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
It was like Saki, if everyone was also awful.

I really liked how Jyushimatsu was the only one who figured out for a period of time that there was a 7th brother and was freaking out about it. I am sure most of us figured out the only way it was going to end with Kamimatsu was for an evil version to come. Kamimatsu was Totoko was the final straw.

Anyone have any idea what was on the newspaper with Nyaa that Karamatsu was holding?

Also, a weird observation but the blur on their penises appeared to be white.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
You know what's awesome?

Today was Kamiya's release event for his new single and when I went to my local train station to head to the event venue, I heard the Osomatsu san OP song Hanamaru Pippi wa Yoi Ko Dake being sung in front of the building next to the station. I stopped to watch but wasn't sure if it was really A Ou P. The voices sounded very similar but thought it odd that they'd be singing here since I live in the outskirts of Tokyo. Then I noticed the cameras... And then when they finished singing the MC introduced them as A Ou P.

LOL.

Imagine that. A Ou P singing outside my local train station. XDDD Too bad I missed the first half of the song.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22:

Iyami's fight is hilarious. I just love how the guys tried to "motivate" him with those hilarious tactics. Gotta give the guy some respect for going through that training even if he mostly wants to fight and win for the girl lol
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
What about the mixer audition, especially Osomatsu who got instantly touchy on poor Todomatsu.

Took me but a line to realise that Rie Kugimiya was voicing Shaorin.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Ep 23

This week had me cracking up! XDDDD Oh, Juushimatsu. <333 Very rare for them to have the skits continuing after one another.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9