• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideaki Anno, Companies Congratulate Evangelion on 20 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:52 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:
The amount of disrespect you people are showing is disgusting. How about you be grateful for a change. At least he's grateful unlike the people commenting on this forum.

Please, go and do your research about Anno's history with depression and how working on Evangelion made him depressed.

And stop acting so entitled to a 4th film. They don't have to give you one, nor do you actually need it.

I sympathize with anno..... HOWEVER the only reason anno created khara to begin with was FOR THE REBUILD FILMS, thats what he set out to do, he announced it so now he MUST deliver, he cant leave the rebuild series hanging like that, otherwise why even bother. he's had a big enough break from nge, he should be able to deliver these films ultimately.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
AutoOps007 wrote:
The amount of disrespect you people are showing is disgusting. How about you be grateful for a change. At least he's grateful unlike the people commenting on this forum.

Please, go and do your research about Anno's history with depression and how working on Evangelion made him depressed.

And stop acting so entitled to a 4th film. They don't have to give you one, nor do you actually need it.

I sympathize with anno..... HOWEVER the only reason anno created khara to begin with was FOR THE REBUILD FILMS, thats what he set out to do, he announced it so now he MUST deliver, he can't leave the rebuild series hanging like that, otherwise why even bother. he's had a big enough break from nge, he should be able to deliver these films ultimately.

He never stated he wasn't gonna produce the 4th film, he just simply took a break. He obviously wasn't in the right mental condition to continue working on it at that time. His mental health and wellbeing is far more important than any film. And just because he announced it, it doesn't mean he MUST deliver. He can scrap the whole project if he wants. But that's beside the point. The point is to be patient, you will get it eventually. And stop bitching and hating on him just because you're impatient. He can take as long wants. I will say this again, you are not entitled to a 4th film. If working on the film affects his mental health, than he has every right to take a break or cancel the project. All I'm saying is to wait patiently without bitching and complaining.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but Anno doesn't seem to care lol. His gratitude was so boring and standard, like saying hello, "thank you for your support and hard work of the staff". C'mon man, be a little more expressive
Seeing as it was some of the "staff" what ripped off the budget and then f***ed off leaving him with next to nothing to finish the project, ending in the dog's dinner that it did, (hence the cause of his "depression") he's either being very forgetful in his old age, or being very snarky in his gratitude. Wink

luisedgarf wrote:
Does somebody knows the name of the Japanese font used in the series? Since I tried to find the name of that font, but with no luck.
If you mean the shape of those symbols it's traditional Chinese brush stroke, the symbols themselves are Kanji and Hiragana.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2