• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trying to find GAZULA The amicable monster anime cartoon.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FROGGYBEAR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote
Hi there
GAZULA first appeared on tV on Channel 9 in Australia in the 1970s. Im trying to locate a DVD of this series and or a CD of the theme song? Can anyone help? I've been searching now for 9 years!

See link fo more details
http://home.alphalink.com.au/~roglen/gazula.htm
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Legitimate DVDs for this series do not exist as far as I know.

Soundtrack is bundled here with three other shows (included Cyborg 009)

Theme song alone is bundled along with a ton of other classic shows here. Track 16.
lem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
@FROGGYBEAR,

Like Megiddo said, I don't think there are any legitimate dvds out there. I searched Spain, Italy, France, Japan, etc., Well, as of this post anyway.

Tatsunoko Production. That was key to finding the entry way to the rabbit hole! After a bit of google and back to ANN's wonderful encyclopedia, "Gazula... The Amicable Monster" is actually:
Oraa Guzura Dado (TV 1/1967)

And Oraa Guzura Dado (TV 2/1987) the remake.
From the Original Creator/Chief Director Hiroshi Sasagawa

Thanks, I ended up viewing some of this dubbed in Hindi of all things. Very Happy Seriously, what isn't on YouTube nowadays? unbelievable. I don't know if it will ever be available on an anniversary or memorial release, and even if it does, what are the odds of it being subtitled or dubbed?

But, I did learn that some of his other Directorial work is being released this year and next. Such as "Inakappe Taisho (TV)" aka "The Funny Judo Champion" (available at the end of this month).

放送開始45周年記念 想い出のアニメライブラリー 第43集 いなかっぺ大将 HDリマスター DVD-BOX BOX1(Animation library of broadcast starting 45 anniversary memories 43 Vol Inakappe Taishō HD remastered DVD-BOX BOX1)

and for next year "Space Ace (TV)" 放送開始50周年記念 想い出のアニメライブラリー 第47集 宇宙エース HDリマスター DVD-BOX BOX1(Animation library of broadcast starting 50 anniversary memories 47th Vol Space Ace HD remastered DVD-BOX BOX1)

^vintage 1965! That's the power of nostalgia for you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1