• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PlayStation 4 Drops to US$349.99 in N. America

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Still too overpriced at $429.99 for us Canadians. My PS3 still serves me plenty well, see little reason to plunk down on this at all yet. Not complaining, just simply do not see the value.

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

there are people out there still buying and playing on the PS2. Rolling Eyes

Honestly plenty power too them, do what's fun in life and live within your means I say. It pays not to get caught up in consumerism IMO. Sony and Microsofts entire MO revolves around trying to convince people that they need their ultra premium priced products and the latest graphics, but really for me it's a matter of personal value and what you can get out of it and to me that's a simple measure of quality of software versus price point and finding a happy medium. To me the PS4 is just not there yet. I waited a good 4 years into it's lifespan before I considered plunking down on a PS3 and have enjoyed plenty of games on it since. If I have to wait 4 years into the PS4's lifespan to feel the value is there then so be it, I'd sooner save the money and invest.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:07 am Reply with quote
Hey, just a tip but this article doesn't exactly make sense. From the headline and the way it is phrased in the text, it seems to be implying that $350 US is $430 CAD. It isn't. It's more like $455 CAD. So it would be more accurate to say "PlayStation 4 Drops to $349.99 in US" and then just mention the Canadian price drop separately in the text.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm certainly not regretting buying one of these at launch before the loonie plummeted. I wasn't sure at the time if I should just wait for the price drop but here we are two years later and it's actually more expensive even after the first big price drop. Laughing
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Exactly. It's called living within means. For example I have had a bit of a life changing experience and my income is currently second to none right now. I really do want to get a PS4 right now but I'm making due with my original PSP that I have because I don't have that type of money to pay for the console plus shell out $50-$80 a game and the internet to play. SO once my situation improves I'll look at setting aside some money.

gaming is a luxury.. it's not a necessity

so for some they have to decide..

for movies and games you can rent so it will cost a fraction of the price of a new game

internet- look for good deals to sign up. .also ask about Loyalty Program.. they will give discounts to existing customers instead of having them leave and sign up with the competitors

according to a data report i read back then.. it will cost the company 6x more to acquire new customers vs keeping exisiting customers.. thus the existence of loyalty program

$350 for a game system that i will use for the next 7-8 years is not a bad thing.. but personally i don't see the point of getting it yet since i'm still busy playing games on my ps3..

not the type of gamer who must have the latest things..so there's no rush
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
You people will never be satisfied with a price drop after complaining for the longest that $400 was so expensive, and you knew it wouldn't be higher than $50. I suggest you find a cheaper hobby to invest in that won't have you waiting till more than half of a console generation to buy a new system.

I just wanted to say this: I have a hobby where used games most commonly sell between US$1,000 and US$3,000. I've also worked in a secondhand store enough to knowthat people will complain about an item's price until it's free.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2