• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Adds Kuroko's Basketball, Haikyu!!, Yona of the Dawn Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
YONA OF THE DAWN!!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

This computer screen is refusing to take my money! How do I make it take my money?!!

It's Official(tm). 2015 is the best year yet for license announcements.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
SchwingBoner wrote:
Kuroko!! Yeah!!

would have been cool if they picked up the anime too
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
YONA OF THE DAWN!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This computer screen is refusing to take my money! How do I make it take my money?!!

It's Official(tm). 2015 is the best year yet for license announcements.

*ties willag down*

Calm down there... you have to wait until it comes out.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Since Rose of Versailles was announced during the summer, that made Yona of the Dawn my most wanted manga license. I've not read it nor seen the anime, but I don't really need to to know I want it. Because two words: Mizuho Kusanagi. I hope they'll go back and maybe get some of her other series (ok, just reprint NG Life, really, Mugen Spiral isn't really worth it, but NG Life made me fall in love with her work)
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Sweet some nice picks and cant wait to get Yona
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Screams Yona of the Dawn Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!

That is a definite day 1 purchase for me. OMG you do not know how happy I am. I love you Viz.

I may get Haikyuu too. Not a guarantee. I'll see how I feel at the end of the second season of anime.

But I am flipping out right now.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
YES KUROKO and Haikyuu! I'll definitely pick up vol 1. of Kuroko
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Between KuroBas and Haikyuu!!, I am one overjoyed mother******. Heard good things about Yona as well, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Instant buys for those two. Fell meteorically hard. I never thought I'd see them licensed. If I'm dreamin' big, here's hoping the manga sales parlay into an anime license for KuroBas.
cosain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I wouldve thought YenPress would license Haikyuu bc they got Yowapeda but i guess not...

and am i reading this correctly, are they gonna release (haikyuu or was it KuroBas) as an omnibus ?? :/
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
cosain wrote:
I wouldve thought YenPress would license Haikyuu bc they got Yowapeda but i guess not...

It's pretty much impossible for anyone to get anything from Shueisha who isn't Viz. There have been occasional instances of Shokugan titles escaping Viz Media's grasp but I can't think of any Shueisha titles?
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes! Yona of the Dawn is coming! Definitely picking this one up, can go on my shelf right next to my copies of NG Life.

I might also end up getting 7th Garden. Sounds like it can help scratch my itch for the supernatural...seeing as Inu x Boku SS is finishing up pretty soon.

Everyone's Getting Married might be something I check out. Will keep it in mind, but think it's something I'll wait to read reviews on.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU GOD FOR YONA~! People have been practically begging to have that manga licensed and now it's finally here! BANZAI~!! Very Happy
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe we are getting the Kuroko no Basket manga. I hope it does well! I'm happy about Yona too. Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
It's pretty much impossible for anyone to get anything from Shueisha who isn't Viz. There have been occasional instances of Shokugan titles escaping Viz Media's grasp but I can't think of any Shueisha titles?

I only made it through A-C on Shueisha's titles on their Encyclopedia page, but I'd already found 6 titles licensed in English by people other than Viz. Tokyopop had Alchino, Kodansha picked up Battle Angel Alita: Last Order after Viz dropped it, Dark Horse has Blood Blockade Battlefront, Gutsoon! Entertainment has Bomber Girl! and City Hunter, and Last Gap Publishing has Barefoot Gen (previously Penguin Books had it).

So it seems Viz may get first chance, but there's quite a few that other companies got.
mandisaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
:has rough day brightened immeasurably by Yona announcement: Nice one Viz (and ANN) - all the announcements of NYCC with none of the endless lines.

It's been a while since I read a Jump series (jumped-ship on Naruto, but still want to finish Reborn), and the last sports series I was seriously into was Hikaru no Go (unless you count Free Smile ). I tend to lean more towards the fighting series (Kenshin, DB, YYH, Bastard) than the "fighting spirit" ones. But it's a new day Smile Can someone pitch me on Kuroko's Basketball and/or Haikyuu?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4