• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Adds 2011 Hunter x Hunter Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Give me a collectors edition with lots of goodies
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, definitely preordering each volume. I just hope they'll be generous and give 15 eps per set to end up with 10 volumes, instead of the standard 12/13 which would be 12 volumes.
manapear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Yay~! I've been waiting for this! We'll definitely be picking it up.
I wonder how close it'll release to SMC. It would be funny to be getting both around the same time. x'D
GEO9875

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
As a dub only person.... YEEEESSS
maxhate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
This is wonderful news, I just hope they release the entire series this time (inclusive of the 2 movies). Now if only by some miracle a licensor would commit to releasing Gintama...
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
maxhate wrote:
This is wonderful news, I just hope they release the entire series this time (inclusive of the 2 movies). Now if only by some miracle a licensor would commit to releasing Gintama...

well Gintama is still in Sentai's hands but they went sub only route for that show anyway (which makes them giving the movie a dub weird)
j Talbain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Viz just tell me where I need to put my money.

Agreed. This is a must buy for me as well.
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I never thought this would happen! Best news in ages. I just hope there is a UK release eventually. Very Happy
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
Viz was very irresponsible for not releasing all of Monster on DVD.

We just have to give a reason then not to cancel it. Straight from Viz's mouth was that Monster did not sell.

Viz's reasoning is bullshit. Assuming HxH is released in 13 episodes sets, is Viz going to stop the physical release if by set 5 sales are not that strong? Based on their reasoning behind Monster, there is a good chance that HxH will not be fully released.
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Assuming HxH is released in 13 episodes sets, is Viz going to stop the physical release if by set 5 sales are not that strong? Based on their reasoning behind Monster, there is a good chance that HxH will not be fully released.

Viz has changed since then. I don't think Viz has canceled anything since around 2009 when Monster was dropped. Have they canceled any anime they licensed from 2010-2015?

HxH now has a fanbase compared to when the 1999 version was release, probably thanks to streaming. I really have no fear that Viz will drop the show.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
Assuming HxH is released in 13 episodes sets, is Viz going to stop the physical release if by set 5 sales are not that strong? Based on their reasoning behind Monster, there is a good chance that HxH will not be fully released.

Viz has changed since then. I don't think Viz has canceled anything since around 2009 when Monster was dropped. Have they canceled any anime they licensed from 2010-2015?

I also doubt Viz will drop HxH. I was just playing devil's advocate using bleachj0j's argument and Viz's excuses behind Monster.
illusory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm SO happy. I never ruled out that it might be licensed one day but I didn't dare keep my hopes up too high. HxH blu-rays, come to me... ;v;
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:55 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad to see Viz licensing stuff again. It seems like after Sailor Moon, they kind of stopped picking up any other new shows and it seemed like they were only doing Naruto and Sailor Moon for awhile there and I was worried about them for a bit.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
To be fair, to be fair... the Monster dub was kinda [poop]. I have that first boxset and if it weren't for the entire anime community going, "Yes, Monster is an awesome narrative" I wouldn't continue with the dub. And I'm a dub fan! So I'd like to finish it (you can import them? I might do that.) if to see what the fuss is about.

They also used the Ocean crew for Death Note, if I remember. And that is definitely one of the greatest dubs of all time.

Boy, this is going to be a hell of a hard dub. Fortunately, the tough material doesn't really get goin' until later arcs, so the actors will have time to get used to their characters. The problem is that the roster of characters are well acted throughout. It will be very hard to match the depth of the original.
unleashrage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Yes! About time, I can't wait to own this on blu ray.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6